Extreme Update and Upgrade Released
HomePatrol-1 Extreme Update / Upgrade Instructions
Everyone Do This!
Before upgrading the firmware in your HomePatrol-1 to the latest Version 2.00, you need to install the latest version of HomePatrol Sentinel, the PC software that supports the new features in the firmware. To install HomePatrol Sentinel:
- Click HomePatrol Sentinel v2 to download the HomePatrol Sentinel 2.0 zip file.
- Unzip the files in the above link to a temporary directory on your PC.
- Run Setup.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install HomePatrol Sentinel.
Note: If you have an earlier version of HomePatrol Sentinel, you do not need to remove it before installing the new version.
If You Have Favorites Lists
Start HomePatrol Sentinel, then select "Read from HomePatrol." This will save your current Favorites Lists as they are in your HomePatrol-1.
Update your HomePatrol-1 Firmware
- Connect your HomePatrol-1 to your PC using its USB cable.
- In HomePatrol Sentinel, select "Update Firmware."
- Download the new HomePatrol-1 Owner's Manual by clicking HomePatrol V2 Owner's Manual.
Follow the on-screen prompts to update your HomePatrol-1's firmware to version 2.00.
If You Purchased the Extreme Upgrade
- Be sure you've updated the HomePatrol-1's firmware following the above steps.
- On your HomePatrol-1 select MENU --> Advanced Menu --> Advanced Option --> Register Advanced.
- Enter the registration key provided when you purchased the Extreme Upgrade, including the hyphens.
- Download the latest HomePatrol-1 Extreme Owner's Manual by clicking HomePatrol-1 Extreme Owner's Manual.
Serial Drivers for HomePatrol-1 Extreme
To use the serial mode features of the HomePatrol-1 Extreme Upgrade, you must install the proper drivers. See the detailed instructions in the HomePatrol-1 Extreme Owner's Manual. You can download the drivers by clicking HomePatrol_Serial_Drivers.zip.