(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SD Card error

SD Card error 18 Sep 2012 01:24 #10225

• K7LTF
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I was using my HP-1 a coupe days ago and things were fine, now it came up with an SD card error message. Did some research and found out that reformating the card with your PC, (or getting a new one), if one in use was bad, which it appears this one was still ok, and have the radio format the card and basically be back in business.

I feel however I have dug myself a hole though, When i power up the radio it still appears with the SD card error message. The radio will power up on with AC but the uniden software of course because it does not have firmware on it , can't see the radio. I am wondering if I should call Uniden and see if i can get a new master, if the software is not avaliable in a download library, am at a bit of a loss ?

Thanks Zach K7LTF

Re: SD Card error 18 Sep 2012 14:31 #10227

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
K7LTF wrote:
Hello

I was using my HP-1 a coupe days ago and things were fine, now it came up with an SD card error message. Did some research and found out that reformating the card with your PC, (or getting a new one), if one in use was bad, which it appears this one was still ok, and have the radio format the card and basically be back in business.

I feel however I have dug myself a hole though, When i power up the radio it still appears with the SD card error message. The radio will power up on with AC but the uniden software of course because it does not have firmware on it , can't see the radio. I am wondering if I should call Uniden and see if i can get a new master, if the software is not avaliable in a download library, am at a bit of a loss ?

Thanks Zach K7LTF

1. Try this with the original card, if no success, try a new card
2. Use Windows to quick format the card before putting it in the Home Patrol.
3. Once you have inserted the card in the Home Patrol, connect Home Patrol to computer, open Sentinel.
4. From the toolbar click on Homepatrol, clear user data, check the box for "Display all drives", highlight the drive and then click OK.
Last Edit: 18 Sep 2012 15:04 by vroderick.

Re: SD Card error 18 May 2014 20:55 #13811

• drm
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
this isn't timely, but I just went through the same thing. after a maddening hour or so, I realized I had a homepatrol sitting on my desk next to the one from my truck with the sd card error (self inflicted). the cure, pulled the card out of the working scanner, copied it into my computer, then to the "corrupted". reinserted the card, works fine. oh, you don't have 2 homepatrols, just copy your present copy and save the file for future use.

Re: SD Card error 08 Jun 2014 00:57 #13922

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
I had the same problem with my hp in the car.
Unplug the radio, remove the batteries, and pull out the SD Micro card for 1 min.
Reseat the card, batteries, and lock the battery door. Reboot scanner.
Should fix it.

If the radio still won't reboot. Remove the information off the data card with
Sentinel with "clear Data" and reload it all. You will have to reenter all data as if original.

DUKE, WB9OJD
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds