Everything looks ok - I hear nothing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing

Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 17 Nov 2012 05:21 #10456

• hlmthree
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
My HP-1 has been great for a couple of years. Now it isn't. When I turn it on, everything acts and looks fine. Updating firmware and database all work fine. The problem is that it scans a few seconds and stops, but there is no talk. I checked the weather channels just to see that the problem was on every channel, and it is. It has been working fine until today. I have done resets to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 17 Nov 2012 14:51 #10458

• JD3
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Check to see if the mute function is on. Lower right corner.
If Mute is on, the speaker symbol and X are red in color. White if it is off.

Also check the volume setting, it may have inadvertently been turned down.

Also try plugging in a set of headphones. Cycle the connector a few times. (plug in and out)
Maybe the external speaker socket has some corrosion inside of it?
If it is shorted out the HP-1 thinks you have a speaker connected and shuts off the internal speaker.

Re: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 17 Nov 2012 22:41 #10461

• hlmthree
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I tried, but still the only thing I can hear is the screen touch sounds.

Re: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 17 Nov 2012 22:43 #10462

• hlmthree
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. Tried all of your suggestions, and I still can only hear the screen touch sounds.

Re: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 19 Nov 2012 15:44 #10468

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If you can hear beeps, but can't receive anything, even from known good sources like local weather channels, the unit is in need of repair. You can start a repair ticket at: www.uniden.com/page/productrepair

Re: Everything looks ok - I hear nothing 24 Dec 2012 20:28 #10647

• govikings
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just purchased this unit as a gift for an elderly relative. Due to its supposed ease of use, etc. What a crock. I decided that i wanted to have it all set up for her, just in case their claims of ease of use were not warranted. They were certainly not warranted. After having worked for hours just trying to get the things set up to find "local" departments, there is no sound at all, other than the beeps from the touch screen. It seems to be similar to what you are having. Any ideas from anyone?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds