Entire Favorites List is Running
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Entire Favorites List is Running

Entire Favorites List is Running 25 Aug 2014 20:05 #14250

• tomnavy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Updated my favorites list in Sentinal. All I want to do is listen to one county of mine but all of them are scanning. What would typically be 52 channels, over 500 our scanning from various counties I have on my favorite lists. I have only one county checked but all of them are running. What gives? Is this a bug?

Re: Entire Favorites List is Running 25 Aug 2014 21:02 #14252

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
tomnavy wrote:
Updated my favorites list in Sentinal. All I want to do is listen to one county of mine but all of them are scanning. What would typically be 52 channels, over 500 our scanning from various counties I have on my favorite lists. I have only one county checked but all of them are running. What gives? Is this a bug?

Are you sure you have the master database turned off so that only your favorites lists are scanning?

Re: Entire Favorites List is Running 25 Aug 2014 21:50 #14257

• tomnavy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
How would I turn that off? It's not lit up so I made sure not to select it.

Re: Entire Favorites List is Running 29 Aug 2014 10:00 #14263

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
tomnavy wrote:
How would I turn that off? It's not lit up so I made sure not to select it.

Press menue
Set scan selection
Select list to monitor
Turn off Full Database

When you update the data base on line you normally have to turn off the full data base. That used to catch me all the time until I figured out what was going on.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re: Entire Favorites List is Running 29 Aug 2014 16:13 #14264

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
wm8l wrote:

When you update the data base on line you normally have to turn off the full data base. That used to catch me all the time until I figured out what was going on.

If you un-check the "Monitor Full Database" box in Sentinel, that won't happen each time you write to the Home Patrol with the updates..

Most likely yours is checked in Sentinel to monitor the full database, and each time you write to the scanner with updates, it over rides the setting you have made through the Home Patrol screen menu.

Last Edit: 29 Aug 2014 17:03 by vroderick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds