Power sw gone bad?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Power sw gone bad?

Power sw gone bad? 28 Oct 2014 21:11 #14427

• Kegan36604
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I am having problems with my power switch acting erratically. The most common problem is I can turn the unit on, and it won't turn off. I have to pull a battery to turn it off. My gut tells me that it is the mechancial switch itself, but am not entirely certain of that. Any thoughts or suggestions as to cause? Any thoughts or suggestions on getting it repaired?

Re: Power sw gone bad? 28 Oct 2014 23:25 #14428

• DaveIN
  • ( Moderator )
Perhaps your MicroSD is close to full or needs reformatted via Sentinal "clear user data".

The card is written to prior to the shut down of the radio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kegan36604

Re: Power sw gone bad? 29 Oct 2014 05:13 #14435

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
It could be a bad switch. Are you sure your giving it enough time to write to the card though? if so, repair is a flat fee plus shipping.

Re: Power sw gone bad? 29 Oct 2014 19:58 #14440

• Kegan36604
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Tried that. Now it appears I have a brick. Connecting and disconnecting leads to one of two conditions.

1. No pwr at all. Prior to doing this (clear user data) sentinel was able to see the unit, check for updates, etc.
2. I get the "welcome' screen for a moment, then switches to the three button option of ALL OFF - WX - CLOCK. Then switches to the date and time and Charge Off button on the bottom. At this point the touch screen is non-responsive. After a while it just goes to black. Again, a brick. Any suggestions?

Re: Power sw gone bad? 30 Oct 2014 01:21 #14444

• DaveIN
  • ( Moderator )
Try reformatting the MicroSD using a separate SD formatter such as www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Then if that isn't a solution, try a new MicroSD such as the one on sale at Radio Shack:
www.radioshack.com/sandisk-ultra-plus-microsd-uhs-i-16gb-memory-card/4400479.html#q=microsd&start=4

Re: Power sw gone bad? 30 Oct 2014 01:30 #14445

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
When reformatting card make sure to use SDFormatter from sdcard.org
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds