Not Scanning Local Police
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Not Scanning Local Police

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 17:22 #14969

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
And you still haven't told us what state, county and system you're trying to hear... We can't begin to help you without that info.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 17:26 #14970

• coscob
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
trying to get back greenwich CT. 06830 Police........

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 17:44 #14971

• coscob
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
i updated to the 2015 setting........so thats done.........i can hear the fire calls......but when i see the police click on, its silent.? no idea why

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 18:36 #14972

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
State, COUNTY, city or system please. Radioreference isn't laid out by zip code and I don't feel like looking up what county Greenwich is in on my phone.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 19:04 #14973

• coscob
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
greenwich, ct. 06830 fairfield county.........i was reading online that the greenwich police went encrypted.......so might as well sell the scanner.......

Re: Not Scanning Local Police 05 Feb 2015 23:57 #14974

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
It's possible. The RadioReference database hasn't had any updates since 2013 so it's possible there's been some changes and your HomePatrol won't know about them till someone gets the info and submits it to the database.
According to Scan New England and RadioReference, the Greenwich PD is on an 800 MHZ mixed analog and P25 digital system. Make sure you've got all the Law service types enabled and that your location is properly set. Get the scanner outdoors and lock on the Greenwich TRS under Fairfield County. It should be able to hear the control channels so use the Advanced menu at the right of the System line to listen to the different site frequencies. If you can hear the control channel buzz and have a decent signal strength then it should certainly work.

Bob
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds