Need help please
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need help please

Need help please 09 Aug 2017 01:11 #17967

• Konie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just got my hp1 today, I live in Montgomery County -Englewood Ohio..I am picking up ems but no law enforcement at all. I would like to hear englewood vandalia trotwood brookville and huber heights police as well as the montgomery county sherriffs dept and dayton police, do I have to manually put in the freq numbers? Any help would be appreciated. Im coming from a RS pro 97 and it was great while it lasted....turned it on the other day and nothing, I am aware that everyone was pretty much changing over but Im really confused now. Im on RR page for Montgomery county and see all the numbers,modes and tags but dont know what to do with all that. I updated the firmware and data base already
Thank You for any help

Connie

Re: Need help please 09 Aug 2017 04:30 #17968

• Waynep10
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
It sounds more like you have not selected WHAT you wish to monitor. You must have fire checked but make sure Law Enforcement is also checked on the Types of what you wish to listen to and check your range ( in Miles ) might want to try reaching out farther like 25-30 miles and see if you get any results and fine tune it from there.Also try the squelch which I would set to 3 or so. Hope this helps Hope this helps these are amazing scanners Good luck & let us know. Try these and we will go from there. Using an indoor or out door antenna ?

Re: Need help please 09 Aug 2017 13:28 #17969

• Konie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
It sounds more like you have not selected WHAT you wish to monitor. You must have fire checked but make sure Law Enforcement is also checked on the Types of what you wish to listen to and check your range ( in Miles ) might want to try reaching out farther like 25-30 miles and see if you get any results and fine tune it from there.Also try the squelch which I would set to 3 or so. Hope this helps Hope this helps these are amazing scanners Good luck & let us know. Try these and we will go from there. Using an indoor or out door antenna ?

Thank You for the fast response. I had already selected the type of service to listen too..checked law dispatch tac and talk just not getting anything...the ems is busy tho. I did change the range like you said and changed the squelch but still nothing. Just recieved the hp yesterday so only have the antenna that came with it, however I do have my antenna that I bought for the pro 97 its a 800 mhz but doesnt fit on the hp..maybe I need an adapter for it to work on the hp. Ive heard such good things about the home patrol..Im thinking I need a better antenna tho
Thank You !!

Re: Need help please 09 Aug 2017 14:09 #17970

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Did you update the database in the scanner? From the factory, that database is now years out of date.

If the systems/channels are in RadioReference, then there is no need to re-enter them as they are going to be in the most current scanner database.

Re: Need help please 09 Aug 2017 15:06 #17971

• Konie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
well....... I thought I did..however I didnt write it to homepatrol, so I just did that and Im now picking up some law enforcement, not real activie right now but that should pick up in the evenings and weekends ..much better now !! Thank You so much !!

Re: Need help please 10 Aug 2017 04:19 #17972

• Waynep10
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
So glad the issue has been resolved. Happy scanning.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds