home patrol 1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: home patrol 1

home patrol 1 17 Aug 2017 18:39 #17974

• dave72740
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
im having trouble with my scanner.when i turn it on it loads database then comes up on the screen and shows airports .then turns itself off...it goes through this cycle till i unplug power.....ive turned all power off and removed the sd card and then reinstalled but nothing seems to work..any ideas on what to do...all help is appreciated..

Re: home patrol 1 17 Aug 2017 19:37 #17975

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
dave72740 wrote:
im having trouble with my scanner.when i turn it on it loads database then comes up on the screen and shows airports .then turns itself off...it goes through this cycle till i unplug power.....ive turned all power off and removed the sd card and then reinstalled but nothing seems to work..any ideas on what to do...all help is appreciated..

If you take out the SD card and put the batteries back in and start up the scanner without the card, does the start-up behavior change? Do you get an SD card error on the screen instead of the scanner just shutting off?

If so, most likely a card failure.

Try the clear user data process, if no luck, re-format the card and try the clear user data process again.

If you're still getting errors, replace the card and then clear user data.

Re: home patrol 1 17 Aug 2017 19:47 #17976

• dave72740
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
it just shuts back off..i have reformatted the sd card 2 times and still no luck.....im pluging the power into wall socket.im not useing batteries....will that make a difference...

Re: home patrol 1 17 Aug 2017 21:17 #17977

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
dave72740 wrote:
it just shuts back off..i have reformatted the sd card 2 times and still no luck.....im pluging the power into wall socket.im not useing batteries....will that make a difference...

It could, if the power supply was bad. Try a fresh set of batteries without using the plug-in power supply.

Did you see a message about an SD card error before it shut off when you tried it without the card?

Did you use the "clear user data" process after you re-formatted the card?

Wouldn't hurt to try a new card if problems persist.

Last Edit: 17 Aug 2017 21:22 by vroderick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds