No longer recieving
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: No longer recieving

No longer recieving 17 Jun 2011 16:41 #6163

• Kegan36604
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
All of a sudden I no longer receive an agency I have monitored for a long while. Here is the sequence of events:

• About a week or ago I downloaded the update (that may not be relevant)
    No problem scanning, though my battery charging got a little whacky.
    Earlier today I was listening to this particular agency, no problems.
    The batteries died, I swapped out for my second set.
    I then realized no radio traffic. I can hear the audio 'click' when I hit the menu, so I know something is coming out of the speaker.
    I checked the WX channel, no audio
    I have a two way from this agency. Listening to this, I figured out there was in fact radio traffic and I was not hearing it, nor did it stop on the channel while scanning.
    I keyed up on two different channels and not only did I not hear anything, it did not stop scanning. It is as if it no longer has the frequencies.

• Re:No longer recieving 17 Jun 2011 17:25 #6164

• Kegan36604
    • ( User )
    • Junior Boarder
    Oh, and one more clue....

I am receiving some frequencies. I have other agencies in the same county in a SEPARATE fave list. I can hear them. I understand the county is the one who hosts the antenna towers, etc.

Re:No longer recieving 20 Jun 2011 20:55 #6221

• Kegan36604
    • ( User )
    • Junior Boarder
    New clue-

Called Uniden today they said just send it in.

While I was playing with it afterwards, I switched between several FAVE lists. In each case it only showed 3 channels loading, though the FAVES have more than 3 channels in them. Only when did I select USE FULL DATABASE did I see more than 3 channels loaded. The plot thickens.

Re:No longer recieving 01 Aug 2011 18:36 #6615

• Kegan36604
    • ( User )
    • Junior Boarder
    Well, finally got it back from Uniden. Within 24 hours I noticed the problem was not resolved at all. Purchased from ScannerMaster in January.

Any chances of getting this unit swapped out entirely by either ScannerMaster or Uniden?
    • Page:
    Time to create page: 0.19 seconds