HPDB Updating Failed
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HPDB Updating Failed

HPDB Updating Failed 03 Jul 2011 13:11 #6265

• Lrau
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
When I try to update the Home Patrol Sentinel HPDB from the web site I get the following message, "Updating HPDB Failed Operation Canceled" "The Operation Has Timed Out"

Sometimes it will start to down load and then stops and displays the above message.

This problem just started, I have updated all the windows software and reloaded the HP Sentinel software. Any help would be appreciated.

Re:HPDB Updating Failed 03 Jul 2011 18:39 #6267

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
How are you connected to the Internet? Cable, DSL, FIOS? If satellite, it'll never work. If any wired-types you may be experiencing an internet slowdown. Give it some time and try again later or from another PC.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:HPDB Updating Failed 03 Jul 2011 19:58 #6268

• Lrau
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am using broadband wireless internet which is up and running just fine. The download was working until a few days ago. I have waited days and tried three different computers. I'm thinking the HPDB server is not working correctly.

Re:HPDB Updating Failed 04 Jul 2011 08:54 #6270

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I just ran it on my netbook through cable Internet and it worked fine. I suspect your broadband wireless is having delays and/or blocking the ports used by HomePatrol Sentinel. Try a Mcdonald's free Wi-Fi or something which uses a totally different pathway between your computer and the Internet.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:HPDB Updating Failed 04 Jul 2011 12:47 #6271

• Lrau
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for the spark of inspiration, I reset my router and wireless equipment and the HPDB download is now working just fine.

Thanks again

Re:HPDB Updating Failed 03 Aug 2011 23:23 #6699

• Fullenwider
  • ( Visitor )
Lrau wrote:
When I try to update the Home Patrol Sentinel HPDB from the web site I get the following message, "Updating HPDB Failed Operation Canceled" "The Operation Has Timed Out"

Sometimes it will start to down load and then stops and displays the above message.

This problem just started, I have updated all the windows software and reloaded the HP Sentinel software. Any help would be appreciated.

Try a Mcdonald's free Wi-Fi or something which uses a totally different pathway between your computer and the Internet.

---------------------------------------------
wifly wep Crack cracking wpa2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds