updating HP
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: updating HP

updating HP 17 Sep 2011 10:38 #7516

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Good Morning All, This morning to My surprise there was a update for HP. So I downloaded it into My laptop and went out to My truck to write it to My HP.I turned off all of My favorites in sentinel as there were no changes in any of My 10 favorites. I did check "force write full database" and proceeded to ' write to HP'. Everything seemed to be going well until I received a error message that said "memory full". I have never run into this before.Since I'm always in the "learn something new mode", can anyone shed some light on this 'stiuation'for Me? Are My doing, or not doing something right? After HP told Me it was finished, Everything seemed to work well. I was able to scan from the favorites that I wanted, about 5 list out of My 10 created list with no problem. I did however encounter this error for the fisrt time. Any thoughts / suggestions...Thanks, Bob

Re:updating HP 19 Sep 2011 15:40 #7540

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hi All, Just to follow up on My previous post. I guess no one else has expericenced this 'message' yet, as there have been no replies. I updated again today and received the same message " memory full '.After downloading the update with sentinel, I went to write to HP. However before doing this I hit the 'info' button and received this information. Firmware 2.01 Database: 9/16/2011 Help: 08/10/2011 Micro SD info: Drive:\E Total size MB 1875.7 Free space: 1797.4 I proceeded to 'write to HP'. Everything went fine. When I diconnect the HP from the computer,the HP loads the full database, I get this 'memory full' error message for just a second and then the HP starts to scan the full database. I usually stop the scanning and load a favorite to scan instead. As I said, there seems to be no problem that I can see, but this error message of 'memory full' is something new. I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this and also, if I have a problem looming on the horizon? Thanks for any thoughts on this matter...Bob PS. I should mention, that I also inserted My 'back-up' SD card wrote to HP and received the same ' memory full ' message. So I don't think it is a SD card error??

Re:updating HP 19 Sep 2011 17:11 #7541

• mciupa
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • RR.com DB Admin
I hadn't done an update for a couple of weeks so I decided to do so and I am receiving the same Memory Full error.

I'm also interested in seeing a solution as well.

Firmware Version: 2.01
Database Version: XX/XX/XXXX (after trying to upload again)
the first DB update did show 09/18/2011.
Help Version:08/10/2011
Last Edit: 19 Sep 2011 17:16 by mciupa.

Re:updating HP 19 Sep 2011 17:57 #7542

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I'm looking into this, but haven't gotten to the point of duplicating the issue. Try HomePatrol --> Clear User Data from Sentinel (then Write to HomePatrol to get your Favorites Lists and personal info back into it).

Re:updating HP 19 Sep 2011 18:23 #7543

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Someone else had this happen and also said they were over the 256 FL limit but only has 4 FL so I think it's a corrupted card.

Re:updating HP 19 Sep 2011 18:45 #7544

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It looks like (not yet confirmed) the recent change to RadioReference's database has caused the section allocated for "Nationwide" (really 2 or more states) to grow significantly. We are looking into the issue and hope to have a rebuilt database ready tomorrow (but again, not confirmed...). I've taken the database build off the update site to avoid additional user issues. Please bear with us while we diagnose and remediate this.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds