GPS data for talkgroups???
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPS data for talkgroups???

GPS data for talkgroups??? 28 Oct 2011 09:20 #7943

• c5corvette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
In the RRDB, for Trunk systems, both 'sites' and 'talkgroup subcategories' can have GPS data associated with them.

Does the HP-1 utilize both fields of data to lock out what you hear or does it just care about sites?

Re:GPS data for talkgroups??? 28 Oct 2011 10:51 #7944

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It uses both. Sites to determine what control channel frequencies to monitor and subcats to determine what talkgroup channels to watch for.

Re:GPS data for talkgroups??? 28 Oct 2011 16:48 #7947

• c5corvette
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
So if you are using both, how does the HP-1 and the HPDB handle these cases...

1) when there is no talkgoup subcategory GPS data, I assume right now it will scan all the talkgroups?

2) whats going to happen when a helpful RR user adds talkgoup subcategory GPS data and that person doesn't understand the imapct of talkgroup affiliations on multi-site systems and the effective radius they enter is too small for the entire system or so small it doesn't even overlap a nearby site.

3) not withstanding which version of the SOAP service you emulate now to make the HPDB, what is going to happen when the talkgroup subcategories start inheriting system data and essentially the effective radius is again too small for the entire system or so small it doesn't even overlap a site.

I think I encountered this yesterday with a couple of big systems that came up while monitoring a zip code in my area.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds