Its beginning to look a lot like ...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Its beginning to look a lot like ...

Good Afternoon....I hope this is the right place ? 10 Jan 2012 21:04 #8542

• scanner_geek
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
First, I would like to tell you how much I enjoy the Homepatrol. I have had a scanner since I was 6 yrs old and as I grew up would cut the lawn and do my chores to earn money to buy a crystal for my Bearcat. Now, I am 45 yrs old and still have a handful of your scanners. So enough about the past.

I am a police officer in South Florida and use a scanner every day in my patrol car. Do you remember the Uniden MR8100, it was the first industrial strength scanner on the market. I had two of them in my car and CHP also used them a lot. So my question to you....Will Uniden ever make a trunk tracker scanner for public safety professionals, one that will take a beating and keep on working like the MR8100 ?

If so I know I would buy one or two even if the price tag was over $1000.

As for the Homepatrol the best, can't say enough good things about it. However, in my opinon, not rugged enough for the public safety professional.

Your company should do so marketing survey to see if there is a public safety demand and how much it will take to build one. Not only the public safety market but some die hard scanner hobbyist I am sure would buy them.

Out in the public safety world, we have Motorola & Harris is the two big names. This creates a big problem for agencies and the key word that everyone likes...INTER OPERBILITY. Have a public safety trunk tracker scanner will close that gap...not completely cause Harris is encrypted and one day your company will really suffer if they mandate encryption for all public safety. We are not there yet, and I hope we never get there but with Homeland Security rules I can see it happening.

Well there you have it; my two cents that I have been meaning to tell you. If you have time please respond back with your comments.

Until next time, Thank You for a wonderful product.

Rich
The topic has been locked.

Re: Good Afternoon....I hope this is the right place ? 25 Apr 2013 01:05 #11545

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Rich,
I agree with you but I'd take it a step further and would like to see a rugged and waterproof handheld. As I am involved in media I think it would be a huge advantage
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds