Unit ID editing bug
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Unit ID editing bug

Unit ID editing bug 08 Jan 2012 03:32 #8440

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I was able to edit and save about 6 Unit ID's in a system with the new firmware until I ran into the following bug:

If I click and select Advanced on the Channel, select Save Unit ID and click OK, the Name displayed in the top left of the display is not correct.

For example, if Unit ID 7a9dh is on the screen and I select Advanced, Save Unit ID and click OK, it shows 3F43BDh in the top left of the screen as the name.

If I select Edit Unit ID, 7A9d is properly displayed.

Before, when I went to the Unit ID screen, it would show the Unit ID in the top left until I edited the name.

If I go into the Advanced System screen, select Edit Current System, edit Unit IDs , then the above example shows FFFFFFh as the name.

If I select Edit Unit ID, the Unit ID is correct.

If I select Edit Name, it shows ACEC4h as the name.

It would seem that once I hit 6 IDs, whatever routine handles the substitute of the Unit ID for the name until I actually edit the name is broken.

If I delete a Unit ID so I have 5, then the next Unit ID I save defaults correctly to the Unit ID as the name.

Once I've got that 6th ID in, then the bug reappears.

Not a big deal since I usually edit the name when I save an ID but if I don't edit the name, then it's impossible to find it again since the names are do not match the unit ID.
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2012 17:06 by mikeoxlong.

Re: Unit ID editing bug 08 Jan 2012 15:08 #8445

• ladder9
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I agree with this bug find .. a 4 digit UID that I tried to quick save, is displayed as an 8 digit UID in the upper left box.
Number displayed is no where near the number on the main screen scan UID.

Re: Unit ID editing bug 08 Jan 2012 15:13 #8447

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
It's actually the name that's displayed in the top left corner that's buggered up.

The Unit ID is fine but whatever defaults the Unit Name to the Unit ID when you first save the Unit ID is busted after 6 Unit ID's are saved.

Edit the name after saving the ID and things will be fine.

Re: Unit ID editing bug 08 Jan 2012 15:14 #8448

• ladder9
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Upon further review, the new number that appears on the screen when you hit quick save is not the UID .. if you go to next screen, then the correct UID displays for saving editing. Not sure what that first large font number in upper left corner is ...

Re: Unit ID editing bug 08 Jan 2012 17:05 #8454

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Yup, you've just realized what I said in my first post and 3rd post.

The Unit ID is correctly displayed and saved.

What's not correct is the name given to the Unit ID when you first elect to save the Unit ID.

That large font number in the upper left corner is the Unit ID Name not the Unit ID.

It should default to the Unit ID when you first elect to save the Unit ID.

Something is buggy in that routine after you've saved 6 Unit ID's.

Re: Unit ID editing bug 16 Jan 2012 02:11 #8615

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Does same on mine...kind of confusing. My default name after 6 entries is "o" or "0"...
Ham OP since 1981
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds