Lost Favorites List?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lost Favorites List?

Re: Lost Favorites List? 10 Jan 2012 16:44 #8538

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Since those seem to be groups you created for yourself, the answer would be that that is the Service Tag you assigned to the channels when you created them (or if you got the files from someone else, that is the service tag they used). You can set any channel in a Favorites List to any service tag by editing the channel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl

Re: Lost Favorites List? 10 Jan 2012 17:00 #8540

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Without the computer I had no way to check but I was thinking that might be the explanation. I did get these from a friend and only added frequencies to some of the lists. I guess I never really looked to see where he had assigned them. That explains it.

Tnx much!
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: Lost Favorites List? 18 Feb 2012 02:49 #9034

• R0am3r
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I added a new Favorites List in Sentinel, and gave (the channel name) a Service Tag of Law Talk. I wrote the database changes back to my HP and verified that Law Talk is selected in the services types.

Now the question - should I see this new Favorites List during my database scanning? I never see it pop up on the display, so how do I know it is working?
Last Edit: 18 Feb 2012 12:22 by R0am3r. Reason: Needed more details

Re: Lost Favorites List? 18 Feb 2012 07:26 #9035

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
How do you assign a Service Tag to a Favorites List? Better start over with your question.
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Re: Lost Favorites List? 19 Feb 2012 13:06 #9049

• R0am3r
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I edited my statement, but my question still stands. Should I see the new Favorites List during my database scanning? Based on a couple of days playing with the HP1, I believe I can scan either the database or a Favorites list (but not both). Am I correct?

Re: Lost Favorites List? 19 Feb 2012 14:20 #9051

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Assuming you told Sentinel to transfer the list to the HP-1 and also to have the list activated for scanning, probably. But if it is a single conventional channel, it might "go by" faster than the display can respond in which case you might not.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds