Does Sentinel work with Windows 8?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8?

Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 24 Jun 2013 05:14 #12012

• Dave_S_Nice
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got my Home Patrol scanner. I tried the procedure as stated by the instructions and I get an error to load .Net Framework 2. I can only find version 4.5 and an update for Windows 8. I tried those and it seems my Windows 8 machine already has .Net Framework 4.5 on it
Bottom line is that I can not get the Sentinel software past the first step.
I have also downloaded the zip file of HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_02_04 figuring that this is the newest available. Same problem, it tells me I need .Net Framework 2.
Is there any hope??

Re: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 24 Jun 2013 10:59 #12013

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Here is the link to Net Framework 2 sp2 from Microsoft

www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1639

Hope this helps.

Wayne.

Re: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 24 Jun 2013 16:07 #12015

• Dave_S_Nice
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Nope, I cant install .Net version 2 on a machine with a higher version. .Net v2 came with windows Vista and I don't have an old windows machine. So maybe an Admin or someone who got it to work can reply with a solution to get the Sentinel software to work on Windows 8 or this scanner is going back to the store.

Re: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 24 Jun 2013 18:03 #12017

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
If unsigned drivers are an issue in installing senteniel on Windows 8 then here is the link with instructions of how to install the drivers.

pureinfotech.com/2012/09/05/installing-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-8-step-by-step/

Step by Step directions in installing older drivers on Windows 8 to get software to work!

Hope this helps.

Wayne.

Re: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 25 Jun 2013 13:47 #12026

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Each .NET package is independent of the other. I currently have Net v2.0, v3.x and v4.x all installed simultaneously. I do not have a W8 machine to test on, but what specifically happens when you try to install .NET 2 on your PC?

Re: Does Sentinel work with Windows 8? 25 Jun 2013 19:04 #12029

• Dave_S_Nice
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
THanks for the reply, Windows 8 gives a mesasge that I can't do that because .Net 4.5 is already installed. Today I called Uniden tech support and after waiting on hold for quite some time the gal stated that Sentinel is not compatible with Windows 8. She recommended I use a computer with Windows 7. Luckily my Son's laptop is Win7 so I will try that out tonight. I asked if they were working on a Win8 version and her reply was that she did not know.
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013 19:21 by Dave_S_Nice.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dcbrown
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds