Updating Database Problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Updating Database Problem

Updating Database Problem 07 Jan 2014 23:03 #13110

• Clare
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry to impose, but we're having trouble updating the database. Get a message saying the database Is corrupted, remove the batteries.

That didn't work, so tried Home Patrol...clear user data. It started doing that, but a message box came up saying "Database is corrupt. Operation is canceled. The directory is not empty." Hit the red x, and the entire operation terminated.

Would really appreciate suggestions.

Clare

Re: Updating Database Problem 09 Jan 2014 18:00 #13112

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Take out battery – remove SD card- format card with Sdformater – you can do a google to find and d/load it, free program reinsert sd card – open sentinel go to homepatrol and write to homepatrol.

Re: Updating Database Problem 09 Jan 2014 21:43 #13113

• Clare
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Got the SD card formatted at our local Best Buy and reinstalled it. When I go to "write to Homepatrol" I get the pop-up box, but when I hit refresh the ok is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Clare

Re: Updating Database Problem 09 Jan 2014 22:05 #13114

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
1- Turn on scanner 2- connect usb cable from computer to Homepatrol 3- The screen on Homepatrol scanner will change to Mass storage and Serial port 4- hit Mass storage 5- start Sentinel 6- Just to make sure that you do not lose your favorites click the homepatrol on the menu and then click on read from Homepatrol 7- click homepatrol on the menu again and then write to homepatrol. Hopefully this should do it.

Re: Updating Database Problem 09 Jan 2014 22:09 #13115

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Clare wrote:
Got the SD card formatted at our local Best Buy and reinstalled it. When I go to "write to Homepatrol" I get the pop-up box, but when I hit refresh the ok is grayed out.

What am I doing wrong?

Clare

After a card format, Sentinel cannot recognize the card, and it won't be able to read from it, or write to it.

Use the "clear user data", and select "display all drives, highlight the drive and then click "ok".... after that finishes, then use Sentinel to "Write to Home Patrol" to restore your data.
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2014 22:10 by vroderick.

Re: Updating Database Problem 09 Jan 2014 22:09 #13116

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
P.S. Some people were having problems with formatting the SD card so if you still have a problem use the SDfornater program.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds