"Updating HP failed" in Configuration
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration

"Updating HP failed" in Configuration 01 Sep 2014 01:43 #14266

• thart3450
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but I searched around and couldn't find this listed anywhere on the forum. I've been spending the past hour ripping my hair out trying to work out issues I am having with HPDB. First is that I cannot get the database to update, but I may try a different Internet provider elsewhere as that seemed to have been a possible issue.

Onto the one I cannot find an answer to...

When trying to update the Firmware, I get the following error:

"Updating HP failed. Operation is canceled. Could not find file 'E:\HomePatrol\HPDB\hpdb.config'"

I have removed the batteries from the HP and restarted it, removed the cable from the computer and restarted the HPDB, and even reinstalled the HPDB. Anyone have any other ideas? If there is a thread already started on this issue, feel free to direct me. Thanks!

Re: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration 01 Sep 2014 02:42 #14267

• thart3450
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just a quick update. I think I may have solved the issue. Ended up just wiping the HP clean back to factory defaults. Still fighting the possible internet issue so I won't know for sure until after I resolve the internet issue first.

Re: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration 03 Sep 2014 00:17 #14270

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
By any chance is your internet provider satellite based? If so, that may be your issue...but provide a little more info. Can you download the HP database update into your Sentinel software on your computer? And have to tried to download the update on more than 1 or 2 days? Sometimes the website has issues and it takes a few days to get corrected.

Somebody else will probably jump in and help you with the firmware issue.

Re: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration 03 Sep 2014 00:52 #14271

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
fuzzmanks wrote:
By any chance is your internet provider satellite based? If so, that may be your issue...but provide a little more info. Can you download the HP database update into your Sentinel software on your computer? And have to tried to download the update on more than 1 or 2 days? Sometimes the website has issues and it takes a few days to get corrected.

Somebody else will probably jump in and help you with the firmware issue.

A slow satellite connection will give a "time out" error rather that not being able to find the config file.

Re: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration 03 Sep 2014 20:16 #14272

• thart3450
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, I think that the download to update the actual database is an internet issue, as I am having issues elsewhere as well with the internet. The missing "config" file was solved by my last resort: resetting the homepatrol back to factory settings.

Now I am having issues picking up a certain channel on scan. Works fine when locked on, but will not pick up when the scanner is scanning (and the channel is not avoided). I guess it never ends...

Re: "Updating HP failed" in Configuration 04 Sep 2014 02:58 #14275

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
thart3450 wrote:
Yes, I think that the download to update the actual database is an internet issue, as I am having issues elsewhere as well with the internet. ..

What specific error messages are you getting when trying to update the database?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds