Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7

Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 19 Oct 2014 17:03 #14390

• gcopter1
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
When I try to launch Sentinel on my laptop with Win7, it takes a long while to launch. I then double click the icon shortcut pinned to my desktop, nothing happens and the message pops up saying I can't launch Sentinel because it is already running. After a while, Sentinel does launch, but this happens every single time I try to launch the program. I'm pretty sure it isn't a Sentinel problem, but something having to do with Windows 7. Since I stopped using Windows years ago, I'd like to hear from current power users who can steer me in the direction to correct this problem. Thanks.

Re: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 21 Oct 2014 02:23 #14392

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
How much installed memory RAM do you have installed? You can press and hold <Windows Logo> key then press <Pause/Break> key (on a desktop keyboard) and a window will open with the info.

I have 4GB installed (3 GB usable) and it takes 13 seconds for Sentinel to open. That with my email program and a browser open in the background. It's an older Win 7 computer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gcopter1

Re: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 21 Oct 2014 21:24 #14394

• gcopter1
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I've got...1GB!

So, I've got to wait about a minute before anything happens?

Gonna test this now...

Re: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 21 Oct 2014 21:29 #14395

• gcopter1
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Almost 2 minutes. Thanks for solving my question. Now, to figure out if I can add more RAM to this baby.

Re: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 21 Oct 2014 23:34 #14398

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
I have several machines I run Sentinel on and even the one GB machines load it quickly, just a few seconds.

I'd suspect something else that's using your memory up. Also how much virtual memory do you have? That could be part of the issue.

Re: Sentinel cannot run more than once...Windows 7 21 Oct 2014 23:47 #14399

• gcopter1
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Well, like I said, I've got 1Gb RAM. I am "new" to Windows, after using Mac for the last 13 years. I bought a used Asus EePc laptop, to run those programs I needed to, that otherwise would run iffy on the Mac; i.e, Sentinel. I don't use this machine for other than Sentinel, have no other programs running.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds