Adding channels to favorites list
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Adding channels to favorites list

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 06 Jul 2015 20:11 #15497

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
See my instructions above - that is via Sentinel - from the HP - I wouldn't attempt it :)

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 07 Jul 2015 16:08 #15498

• bmaruca55
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
[i]You would need to add the under USa - Ohio _ Columbiana co - American Electric power (eastern US) Ohio and use append to favorite list - create new and name it aep.
[/I

What firmware or version of Sentinel are you using? Where do you find "Create New" after you append and delete the unwanted listings? By the way - THANK YOU for all your help!

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 07 Jul 2015 16:13 #15499

• bmaruca55
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
BY the way - I need someone to help me understand how to edit a post. I have tried to change font size, color or italicize it and nothing changes except there are symbols and brackets on each end of my paragraph!!??

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 07 Jul 2015 18:10 #15500

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
bmaruca55 wrote:
[i]You would need to add the under USa - Ohio _ Columbiana co - American Electric power (eastern US) Ohio and use append to favorite list - create new and name it aep.
[/I

When you append - there is an option to add to an existing, or a box to [b]create new and place to name it.[/b]

What firmware or version of Sentinel are you using? Where do you find "Create New" after you append and delete the unwanted listings? By the way - THANK YOU for all your help!

2.03 rev 2.

To edit - highlight the text and then choose the selection at the top.
Last Edit: 07 Jul 2015 18:10 by Ohio-user.

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 08 Jul 2015 13:25 #15503

• bmaruca55
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
OK - I am getting closer. Today I used Sentinel to append a MARCs channel. When I looked at my favorites list - I had a page that had my appended channel with a column that said "Department" and under that column were a lot of "Sites". I found out if you remove all the Sites from your list - your channel does not work. For example - I appended Ohio MARCs/OSP district 4/Lisbon dispatch - I left Lisbon dispatch "department" and Lisbon "site" and removed al the remaining sites and it worked. My question is how do you know what sites to remove when your channel is a County?

Re: Adding channels to favorites list 08 Jul 2015 14:10 #15504

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Generally - you want the closest one to your location. This shows all MARCS-IP sites. For instance I can receive 3 sites, but genreally only listen to 1.

There are other ways to determine - including loading them - locking ones out - etc. but for now , use the closest.

There also is simulcast - multiple sites - all on same freq and scattered through the county.

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteMap&sid=6643&type=rr

MARCS is nearley the same. If not aware, MARCS is still State Highway Patrol - IP is the newer system - Hiwy Patrol will be moving - eventually and MARCS will cease.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bmaruca55
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds