Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03

Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03 12 Feb 2017 01:15 #17227

• Erickat
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
First, installed Sentinel that came with the scanner (BCD436HP) - could not read database - reinstalled - same problem - then read about upgrading to 2.03, which I did - but now the Sentinel software can't see the sd card on the scanner - and any updates fail (timeout) - the upgrade may be due to me being on Hughesnet NextGen (satellite internet) which has some degree of latency. Can't seem to get this software working with the scanner.

So, having both versions of Sentinel installed - the original version can "see" the sd card - but can't read or write - says database is corrupt - but following instructions (uninstall, delete files, reboot, reinstall) does not work.

Using the 2.03 version of Sentinel, I can see the database on the PC & set favorites etc.. but can't write back to the SD card because the software can't see it - nothing shows up at all - rebooted etc.. nothing what gives? can I manually transfer the database to the SD card or manually download the firmware & database updates? They time out.
Last Edit: 12 Feb 2017 01:29 by Erickat. Reason: Additional information

Re: Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03 12 Feb 2017 01:52 #17229

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Erickat wrote:
First, installed Sentinel that came with the scanner (BCD436HP) - could not read database - reinstalled - same problem - then read about upgrading to 2.03, which I did - but now the Sentinel software can't see the sd card on the scanner - and any updates fail (timeout) - the upgrade may be due to me being on Hughesnet NextGen (satellite internet) which has some degree of latency. Can't seem to get this software working with the scanner.

So, having both versions of Sentinel installed - the original version can "see" the sd card - but can't read or write - says database is corrupt - but following instructions (uninstall, delete files, reboot, reinstall) does not work.

Using the 2.03 version of Sentinel, I can see the database on the PC & set favorites etc.. but can't write back to the SD card because the software can't see it - nothing shows up at all - rebooted etc.. nothing what gives? can I manually transfer the database to the SD card or manually download the firmware & database updates? They time out.

Version 2.03 of Home Patrol Sentinel is for the Home Patrol 1 & 2 scanners. It will not work with the BCDx36HP scanners.

Version 1.07.05 of the BCD436HP/BCD536HP Sentinel software is for the BCDx36HP scanners.

Re: Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03 12 Feb 2017 02:40 #17230

• Erickat
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank-you for that information - the oringinal Sentinel that came with the scanner (on the SD card) is 1.05 (rev 00) but it has the issue "database could not be read - installation might be corrupted - please reinstall Sentinel Mismatch model name" - and I found instructions on this site to uninstall, delete files, reboot and reinstall - which didn't help - so now I'm back to the original issue of not being able to read the database - or do any sort of update. Instructions on this site also said to upgrade to the 2.03 version - I'll uninstall that version since it's not compatible. Is there any way to download the correct version / maybe re-download the database?

Thanks

Re: Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03 12 Feb 2017 03:07 #17231

• Erickat
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
just found & installed the 1.07.05 version of Sentinel - still have the same issue with "database could not be read..... mismatch model name" error - but it can now at least see my sd card - but the local pc database seems to be corrupted or something

Re: Sentinel can't see sd card after upgrade to 2.03 12 Feb 2017 07:51 #17232

• Erickat
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for all the help - finally was able to get the sentinel software to update - am good now
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds