(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE

SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 21 Mar 2017 14:08 #17329

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Howdy,
First, I only have a Mac, so I know that I can't use the software.
I just got my HP-1 yesterday, and noticed that on the box it reads, " . . . using the Sentinel software (included)."
So, I'm wondering included where?
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2017 14:09 by Trav.

Re: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 21 Mar 2017 14:28 #17330

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It is on the SD card or you can download and install to a PC from info.uniden.com/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Trav

Re: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 21 Mar 2017 14:38 #17331

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Alas, about an hour after opening and entering my zip code I started getting an SD Card File error message. So I am kind of dead in the water. So now, I suppose that I need to go find a cheap windows laptop and try via that.
I appreciate your help!!!!!
Last Edit: 21 Mar 2017 14:39 by Trav.

Re: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 22 Mar 2017 00:41 #17335

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
another issue has appeared. I got an insignia Flex Windows Tablet which is running Windows 10. When I try to open the Sentinel application, I get a message that says I need to instal .NET framework 2.0. Evidently I have framework 4. something on the tablet already.
I am having a bit of trouble finding framework 2.0 and I also don't know if I can or should install it when I do find it.

Re: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 22 Mar 2017 02:08 #17336

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Trav wrote:
another issue has appeared. I got an insignia Flex Windows Tablet which is running Windows 10. When I try to open the Sentinel application, I get a message that says I need to instal .NET framework 2.0. Evidently I have framework 4. something on the tablet already.
I am having a bit of trouble finding framework 2.0 and I also don't know if I can or should install it when I do find it.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) you don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Trav

Re: SENTINEL PC SOFTWARE 22 Mar 2017 14:56 #17337

• Trav
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for your help.

It took a while to find the control panel. Then after I clicked on the 3.0/2.0 to install, it looked like it hung up and then I got an error message and had to choose the option to repair. However, the repair seemed to work and I got the framework installed at last and then finally sentinel.
Last Edit: 22 Mar 2017 14:57 by Trav.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds