UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 30 Aug 2018 15:40 #18450

• soundman
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
My issue is with the weekly update from RR to the sentinel update data base.

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 30 Aug 2018 18:08 #18451

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh ok I have not tried to update through RR yet, I am not even sure if my subscription is still active, NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT I DO NEED TO CHECK THAT THANKS FOR THE REMINDER. But actually before I even attempt to update again, I need to try to resolve the battery charging issue that I recently posted about. I have been charging my Uniden Home Patrol 2 scanner on 120 volt AC house current, Once my HP2 is fully charged I I plug it into my computer to start programming it immediately asks me if I want to start charging even though my scanner has already been fully charged Once I get that issue resolved then I can try to program my radio one more time.
GOOD LUCK PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO, I HOPE YOU SUCCEED.

Todd Reese

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 30 Aug 2018 18:20 #18452

• soundman
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Even when your scanner is fully charged, you will get the option to charge your scanner when connected to a usb source (ie. your computer)

You get the weekly database updates through the update option in the sentinel software, then you connect the scanner to your computer and update the scanner by writing to the scanner.
Last Edit: 30 Aug 2018 18:21 by soundman.

Re: UNABLE TO UPDATE HP2 30 Aug 2018 20:23 #18453

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Eventually I figured that my HP2 was just going to ask me about charging everytime I go from AC to USB, I just wanted to make sure that I was correct in assuming that, based on what You are telling me I am correct SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP. Now I can try to program my HP2 scanner once again. I received an 8GB SD card the other day in the mail, so hopefully everything will work this time.

PS: I keep forgetting about RR.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds