• Page:

TOPIC: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT

MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 12 Aug 2018 18:13 #18444

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello
My name is Todd Reese.
I seem to have run into an odd problem with the Sentinal Software..
I have Version 2.03.
Not only is Windows telling me that the Sentinal Software is from an UNKNOWN PUBLISHER, When I open the Sentinal Software and try to update the FIRMWARE and the HOME PATROL DATABASE, from HomePatrol.com, my computer tells me that it is unable to connect to the remote server

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition
I am using Windows Firewall
I am using Version 2.03 of the Sentinal Software
My User Account Control settings are set to Always notify which notifies me whenever someone or an app tries to make changes to the settings on my computer.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thank You
Todd Reese

Re: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 15 Aug 2018 00:43 #18445

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I think having your UAC set at Always Notify will cause you problems in many many apps and programs. I've run across a few programs (granted they are older programs for XP) that UAC will not notify you and block the install with no error messages. With those programs the only way to get the install to work is to disable UAC, Restart PC, install the program, and set UAC back to previous setting.

Maybe someone else can jump in and give you more Home Patrol advice.

Re: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 15 Aug 2018 07:59 #18446

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been scratching my head about this for quite a while now, the ONLY solution that I can come up with is that my UAC settings are set to high. Fortunately I have been using Windows 10 for about 2 years now and I know how to change my UAC settings. I just hate to go through the tedious procedure of changing my UAC settings all of the time,BUT I WILL TRY TO CHANGE MY UAC SETTINGS TO SEE IF THAT SOLVES ONE OR POSSIBLY BOTH OF THE PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE BEEN HAVING WITH THE SENTINAL SOFTWARE.

Thanks for the suggestion
Todd Reese

Re: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 08 Sep 2018 02:19 #18454

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you have any luck changing the UAC and getting it to work?

Re: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 08 Sep 2018 07:18 #18455

• todddjreese
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Unfortunately changing the UAC settings on my Windows 10 PC did not solve the problem. I recently purchased a new SD card thinking that that may solve the problem since the new card is 8GB and my old SD card was only 2GB. Unfortunately that did not solve the problem either. Infact after a few days my HomePatrol 2 scanner displayed the SD card error, In fact, that was my original reason for purchasing a larger SD card in the first place, my original 2GB SD card also gave me the same error, telling me to disconnect ALL power for 1 minute and try again. I did try again with no luck. As soon as I get the card reader that I ordered from Amazon then I plan to check BOTH SD cards to see if they are any good. I am hoping to receive the card reader by Wednesday OR Thursday of next week.

Thank You
Todd Reese

Re: MY HOMEPATROL 2 CANNOT CONNECT 10 Sep 2018 01:50 #18456

• fuzzmanks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you restart your PC after turning off UAC? That is a must.

Your problem isn't really unique. Lots of forum threads here with similar issue. One thing that comes up a lot is to use the recommended SD card formatter tool and not your PC's format command. The one that is recommended is at SDcard.ORG. I think even a new SD card it is recommended to use the tool.

I am not expert...i know just enough to be dangerous. LOL

I'm having my own issue with the HomePatrol 1 not being able to receive digital sites (I can receive analog sites) using my Favorites list. It worked okay for 2 or 3 years and then it got some glitch. I can use the master catalog database and I can get the digital channels.

I've rebuilt my favorites database from scratch...which I actually did on a new SD card and I finally downloaded the SD Card Formatting tool and used that and created a small favorites file with no renamming of sites or tweaking. But I can't get the scanner to read the card. No errors other than telling me to insert card. So there must be some step I'm missing. I just haven't taken the time to figure it out.

I wish someone else would jump in here and give you some pointers.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds