Where is the documentation?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where is the documentation?

Where is the documentation? 17 Aug 2011 06:45 #6907

• paulct
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
New HP owner here, running latest firmware and Sentinel. I see this in the blog"

"Per-channel delay of 10, 5, 2, 0, -5, or -10 seconds (those negative settings force scanning to resume after the set time elapses, even if a transmission continues).

Per-channel alert to get your attention when a particularly important channel becomes active.

CTCSS/DCS or NAC Search to capture unknown subtones on frequencies.

Per-channel attenuation to help avoid interference from other in-band transmissions.

Per-channel volume offset to help balance the audio level amongst channels."

Is any of this explained anywhere? I can't figure out how to set these.

Re:Where is the documentation? 17 Aug 2011 08:21 #6908

• paulct
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I think I see the issue. In the blog post, it lists the above feature as part of the "update", but if you down load the Extreme "Upgrade" manual, it seems these features are only in this version. A bit confusing, and the blog post should be clarified.

Re:Where is the documentation? 17 Aug 2011 08:41 #6910

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The features are available in the free HomePatrol Sentinel Update. Simply edit a favorites list (start by clicking the star-with-pencil icon).

Re:Where is the documentation? 17 Aug 2011 19:18 #6934

• paulct
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok, thanks. I did not realize there was another window that pops up when you click the icon. I was trying to change it in the normal display.

Just a suggestion (I know that no one likes to do documentation!), perhaps an EXAMPLE in the help system for each function. Like "here is how we change the delay for a single channel", so that each screen in the software appears at least once in the help file.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds