Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD

Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD 04 Oct 2012 20:08 #10297

• Centurion96
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I've monitored these 2 depts. since I acquired this unit. Quite some time ago I noticed that I was not hearing any of their transmissions. I haven't changed anything in my Home Patrol. Can anyone help?

Re: Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD 05 Oct 2012 13:47 #10303

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I see that these two departments are part of the Palm Beach radio system, and are listed in the database. Are you using the most recent database? (9/30/2012)

Re: Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD 05 Oct 2012 15:32 #10305

• Centurion96
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for your response. I check the Firmware and Master HPDB almost every Wednesday for updates. When I look up all the channels, I did notice that these two channels are "OFF" in the Attenuator. I've never messed with any of the inner workings because, obviously, I wouldn't know what I was doing so I haven't made any changes. Sorry I can't give you more input but I'm a typical senior citizen novice.

Re: Boca Raton PD and Delray Beach PD 05 Oct 2012 16:03 #10306

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Attenuator Off would be normal (attenuation reduces the amount of signal coming in from the antenna...it is useful if you are getting interference from nearby strong signals that are overloading the scanner's RF section).

What the database does not reflect, of course, is any operational changes. Is it possible that they are using their vehicle terminals more for routine traffic (dispatch, status, etc)? That would greatly reduce the amount of radio traffic. It is also possible that there have been some changes to the radio system that have not yet been documented. In that case, once the information is provided, it will result in a database update that should improve things. Not being anywhere near Florida, I can't nail down the issue, but hope this helps at least define the problem.

You might want to ask over in the Florida forum at RadioReference (tends to get a lot more traffic) to see if anyone has any insight on any such changes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Centurion96
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds