Hartford Connecticut lockup issue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hartford Connecticut lockup issue

Hartford Connecticut lockup issue 23 Mar 2013 00:03 #11348

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Connecticut, Hartford County, Windsor - Police (patched to trunked radio system) 460.7000 MHz

This channel consistently locks up the HomePatrol as I drive through the area with the GPS enabled. If there's one peep of audio the scanner stops on this channel and will not advance. I can't figure out why it's doing this. I copied the offending channel to a favorites list and examined it in detail. It has a valid latitude, longitude and range. There's nothing I can see that would indicate why the scanner locks up on this channel unless there's a duplicate entry for it that I can't locate.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013 00:04 by st-bob.

Re: Windso Connecticut lockup issue 23 Mar 2013 00:12 #11349

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Ahh-haaa! I found the problem (I think). Searching RadioReference.com it appears that 460.700 is listed as both a conventional frequency and one of the site frequencies for the LTR trunking system. Link to search results
I don't know which is wrong though - I hear analog audio but that's not unusual for an LTR system. One or the other has to be wrong.

I have the Extreme upgrade. How would I go about analyzing this LTR system to see if it's really using 460.700 or not? How would I diffentiate it from one of the trunking channels or a simulcast conventional frequency?
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013 00:15 by st-bob.

Re: Windso Connecticut lockup issue 25 Mar 2013 13:25 #11374

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
An LTR system will have a data burst on the frequency every few seconds. You could use RF Power Plot on the frequency and see if there is a regular periodic transmission.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds