Michigan Database Caution long post
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Michigan Database Caution long post

Michigan Database Caution long post 17 Apr 2013 13:06 #11516

• K8POS
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
The main USA Database contains a listing for the state of Michigan called the "Michigan Public Safety Communications System" or MPSCS.
With in the Main USA Database, you can select "Michigan" then County, in my case Sanilac county. Good so far.
Under MICHIGAN you have "Nationwide", Statewide", and "County Systems"
Within the "Nationwide" there are 5 listings for Canada that probably should not be there. I do understand that my proximity to Canada would allow me to easily hear the Canadian systems but I don't want them, Yes I have them avoided but a pain to Re-avoid every time the database is updated.
Further in the same database it the MPSCS system listing under the "Statewide" heading or drop list. you will find each County and Township participating in the system.
This is where the fun starts.
Under my county "SANILAC" you will find 2 listings:
First giving a talk group id of 12194 and text to tell you it it a patch to 155.535 Mhz (old system) 911 dispatch.
Second is Medical Control Authority Talk group id 2625

It is not until you find the Township listing for "Sandusky" that you find the actual Frequencies used in Sanilac county.
This makes building a favorites list very difficult. From the HomePatrol 1 if you lock it on the third display area, and tell it to add it to your favorites list, it brings the entire MPSCS system listings over, not JUST the info for the one (trunked 911 dispatch) that I am trying to put into my favorites.
Sentinel will not even let me add just the Sandusky listing, Sentinel WILL let me add the Sanilac county listing.
I am not sure how to suggest a change to the database structure so that I do not have to have the entire MPSCS into my favorite and then tell it to avoid all the other listings that I do not want to listen to. I want to stream my scanner via RR but they are fussy about what exactly you are sending. At this point I am not even sure what I need in my Favorites list to listen to JUST MY COUNTY, short of AVOID AVOID AVOID.
(2) HP-1 one with extreme
Scan Master Base antenna
15 Element 800Mhz Beam antenna

Re: Michigan Database Caution long post 17 Apr 2013 15:30 #11518

• Jay911
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
You don't have to "re-avoid" Canadian stuff every time you update your HP. Just go into the menu option for "Select Nationwide Systems" (I don't have my radio in front of me right now so I don't recall where it is) and de-select all the ones marked "CAN -" at the beginning.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds