• Page:

TOPIC: RR Data Base

RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 13:28 #1558

• Kb2tdy
  • ( Visitor )
What I don't understand is if I go to the RR data base and check the zip codes I want to monitor the frequencies are there. So why when I put a zip code into HP, some frequencies are missing. Same company and same DB. I personally don't have the time to document all the missing frequencies. I downloaded the DB update several hours ago and see no difference. Till they fix their problem, I will use my other scanner. Springville, Erie County, New York, 14141.

Re:RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 13:40 #1560

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
The Radioreference database is owned by Radioreference.

The HomePatrol database is owned by Uniden based on information pulled from the Radioreference database.

Different databases, different companies.

Unfortunately, without you documenting what's missing, it could take a while to fix the issues.

Re:RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 13:56 #1564

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Again, per my other reply, Springfield Fire (the only channel you've pointed out) is showing up in the HP database. Without some specific feedback, the data for your area will not change.
Last Edit: 14 Oct 2010 13:59 by UPMan.

Re:RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 14:25 #1571

• Kb2tdy
  • ( Visitor )
Why can't you just make sure the frequencies for zip 14141 are the same for your DB as they are for Radioreference? Who then determines what frequencies in the Radioreference were transferred to your DB? Was it a crap shoot?

Re:RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 14:27 #1572

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
We make no modification to RRDB when it comes over from RadioReference, other than formatting for system/department/channel and not importing unsupported systems / channels (ProVoice, encryption, etc).

What specific frequency is not coming across (even just one of them)? I have absolutely no way to help you without specific feedback.

Re:RR Data Base 14 Oct 2010 14:44 #1581

• Kb2tdy
  • ( Visitor )
I will try to compare my bc 350c to the HP and take notes of missing frequencies.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds