Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System

Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System 21 Nov 2010 09:20 #3240

• DGG
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
It appears that the HP-1 has not yet included the data for the Saskatchewan Provincial Safety Network (www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=4632). When I enter the location as Moose Jaw or Regina, the HP-1 will select the older Fleetnet frequencies, but not the new P25 provincial system which includes RCMP, EMS, Utilities, etc.

I have entered a favorites list for my own location (near Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan) and can verify that RCMP is active and in the clear (i.e., not encrypted).

Moose Jaw City Police also is not selected in the database, though most of its transmissions are encrypted. However, it would still be good to have these included.
www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2175

Re:Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System 21 Nov 2010 11:17 #3241

• mikeoxlong
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I've given both the Province wide system and Moose Jaw some default coordinates. Both should be scannable after the next database update.

I'm not too sure how many towers for the Province wide system have been geotagged. There's a lot of unidentified tower locations in the database so it's going to be hit and miss until people start submitting site locations and geotags.

Re:Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System 25 Nov 2010 19:53 #3314

• DGG
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm seeing great improvements already! Thanks for getting this quickly updated!

I can confirm that most RCMP transmissions are unencrypted and in the open. I'm getting hits in Zone 4 and Zone 5.

Re:Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System 25 Nov 2010 19:58 #3315

• DGG
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
How can I help? What kinds of information can be helpful for the database? And how do I get that information?

Re:Saskatchewan Provincial Public Safety System 26 Nov 2010 09:44 #3319

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
See www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=27:getting-better-every-day&catid=5:homepatrol-1&Itemid=12

As to getting the information...typically involves sitting down with some form of map and measuring tool. I use Delorme Street Maps and the circle tool built in. You need a reference to the actual city / town limits, too. I have one for the US (huge.maps.info) but don't know of one for Canada.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds