Missing data in HPDB
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Missing data in HPDB

Missing data in HPDB 16 Aug 2011 20:35 #6892

• Harvey
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I found the Lifeguard talkgroups department to be missing from the San Diego City 800Mhz trunked system data in the present HPDB. This department is listed on the RR web page for that system. However it does not show up in the HPDB using sentinel. I created a favorites list for that system and used the "edit favorites list" feature from the Extreme Upgrade to add this department to the system. I can now hear the lifeguards. If home patrol uses data straight from RR apparently RR is not sending home patrol all of the available data.

Also I found it odd that I could not add the department using Sentinel. It could only be done within the HOMEPATROL unit itself. I expected the Sentinel upgrade to provide that capablity.

I actually found the missing department using Current Activity feature of the Extreme Upgrade. The missing talkgroup IDs kept showing up in green indicating that they where not included in the data base for that system. Those talkgroup IDs belonged to the missing department. Great firmware upgrade! Not so great Sentinel upgrade!

Re:Missing data in HPDB 16 Aug 2011 21:58 #6895

• Wise87
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Maybe I can help. First of all the reasons the Lifeguard channels are not showing up is there tagged wrong. There listed as OTHERS and they should be tagged PUBLIC WORKS according to the Database Admin Handbook. The HP-1 doesn't import OTHER tags into the main database. This is the reason you were seeing them as new channels when you were analyzing the system. Simple fix, put in a submission to have them changed to PW and you will see them on the next update which happens every Monday.

As far as the software is concerned, it works as advertised and you CAN make changes to your FAVORITE files, not the main database. What you need to do is go up to the main database and select the systems you want. You can have one system per favorite or as many as you want under one. Right click to add that system to your favorite. Then you can go down to the favorite section and edit all you want.
Last Edit: 16 Aug 2011 21:59 by Wise87.

Re:Missing data in HPDB 17 Aug 2011 00:34 #6900

• Harvey
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the very helpful information. I just figured out how to work the Sentenel
favorites list editor, and I see that it does live up to expectations.

Re:Missing data in HPDB 17 Aug 2011 16:21 #6923

• Harvey
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Acting on my request RR has changed all but one of the "Other" Function Tags in the San Diego City 800MHz System. Can someone please explain why HomePatrol chooses to filter RR data by excluding user group IDs that have the Function Tag "Other"? Is it just because HomePatrol does not have a corresponding service type? If so why not add that service type so that RR data is not lost. The response I received from RR explained that in some instances the only appropriate Function Tag is "Other". Are there other filters that cause RR data to be excluded from HPDB?

Re:Missing data in HPDB 17 Aug 2011 16:27 #6924

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Most items tagged as "Other" are mistagged in RRDB. So, in part, this forces feedback to RRDB to fix the mistagged items. From the RRDB Administrator's Handbook:
Note: This tag should rarely – if ever – be used, so in general pretend like it does not even exist. Administrators sometimes incorrectly use the “Other” tag on frequencies and talkgroups that should be labeled “Public Works.”

We treat it like we would "deprecated" or other useless service types.

Re:Missing data in HPDB 17 Aug 2011 21:25 #6942

• Wise87
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Not sure why they changed the LifeGuards to Multi-Dispatch. I figured they fall under Public Works since it falls more in line with it than Multi.

Public Works – Public agency non-public safety communications. This includes any non-public safety government services, such as trash, streets, roads, sewer, zoos, administration, maintenance, animal control, community initiatives, code compliance, etc. Please do not use the “Other” tag for government services. Exceptions: Public transportation and government security services should be tagged with “Transportation” or “Security” respectively.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds