how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th

how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 23 Jan 2012 14:11 #8768

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
i think i know the answer to this, but i i will throw it out anyway. is there a setting in the HP that will hold the freq longer so i can hear the other end of the conversation. an example...my PD dispatch calls a car and sometimes I do not hear the response from the car becasue the HP jumps to another city or close county here in NJ. I think you need to purchase the extreme upgrade to do this and i cant see spending 99 bucks more to accomplish this.
GO GIANTS!!!! BIG BLUE GONNA TAKE CARE OF THE PATS NEXT. DUST A SPOT OFF ON THE SHELF FOR ANOTHER TROPHY

Re: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 23 Jan 2012 17:48 #8770

• x9t27
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just go into Sentinel and increase the "Delay" times on which ever talkgroup/frequency is your local PD. Default is like 2 seconds. Max is 30 seconds I believe. No need to buy upgrade.
Last Edit: 23 Jan 2012 17:50 by x9t27.

Re: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 24 Jan 2012 15:29 #8779

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
FYI this works for favorites lists only...
Also in Sentinel you can cut and paste your desired delay selection to multiple channels/talk groups instead of setting one by one. Similar to what you might do in MS Excel. I also like the negative delay to force scan resume on low priority channels...works slick once you set it up
Ham OP since 1981

Re: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 24 Jan 2012 22:44 #8785

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
thanks for the help but...... i went into every drop down in setinal and i do not see where to do this. i only want to do this with my favorite list.
thanks for the comeback.

Re: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 24 Jan 2012 23:32 #8788

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
In the Favorites editor screen, drill down to the channel level.. The Delay column is towards the right side (you might have to slide to the right)between Attenuator and Channel Alert... Click on the cell itself to bring up the options.

Re: how to hold pd dept. so i hear the other end of th 25 Jan 2012 17:09 #8792

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
ok...mama always said i wasnt the smartest one in the family. when she was real mad, she said I have the IQ of a cotton ball. ok...just trying to be a little funny.
i still have a problem. i did find where the delay setting was. it was so far tot he right i didnt see it. now that I found it, i am not able to change it. the delay is 2 sec and when i high-light it, i cant change the time or delete the 2 sec and put in another time.
thanks gain.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds