Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police

Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police 15 Jul 2012 23:01 #9841

• Lezlee
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, When I have my HomePatrol at work in Cleveland, I'm hearing traffic labeled as Geneva Police on 155.775.

I know this is not Geneva Police I'm hearing, and as far as I know they don't use that frequency.

Does anyone know what I am hearing? And could we get the database corrected to reflect it?

Thanks,

Lezlee
Last Edit: 15 Jul 2012 23:06 by Lezlee. Reason: Typo

Re: Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police 15 Jul 2012 23:55 #9842

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
It is listed in the db as Police Channel 3. However, so is Public Works. PD is listed w/o any subtone, but Public Works does have a tone. You are most likely hearing the Public Works stuff, since anything with or without a tone is going to come through on the PD channel (since it is listed as no tone).

It is possible for the channel to do double duty, as an "overflow" channel for PD. However, I would suspect that they would also use a tone (probably different from the PW tone). To fix, need to find out what tone (if any) PD uses, or whether they really use that frequency at all.

As it stands, not enough info is available to provide any guidance to the dB admin.

Re: Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police 16 Jul 2012 01:38 #9844

• Lezlee
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, like I said, I'm hearing this in Cleveland, 50 miles west of Geneva, on the HP's lil' duck... It's not coming from Geneva.
Is there a way to export the HP database to an excel spreadsheet? That way I could search by the frequency and see if anyone near Cleveland is listed as using it. I guess I just don't wanna see the HP stop there, and tell me it's Geneva Police, when it's not... lol...
Thanks for answerin' though...

Re: Database correction needed - Geneva Ohio Police 16 Jul 2012 13:27 #9847

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Go to RR and run a Freq. search

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?freq=155.775&action=sf&stid=39

Several listed in Ohio, but I'm not familiar to what is near you.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds