Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system??

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 20 May 2013 13:40 #11746

• RPhelps
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
We actually live in West Lafayette, and there is a tower within miles of us. I don't think reception is going to be an issue. If you could email me a favorite for Coshocton that would be great.

You are right, the Sheriffs Dept is going total MARCS this year. EMS uses it now, so if you don't have a radio that will pick up the MARCS, you are not going to hear anything soon.

My email is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it I think I will download the Sentinel now in my mac, so when I get the unit, all I need to do is connect it to my mac.

Thank you for all the advice. And yes, we are neighbors...lol

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 20 May 2013 15:22 #11751

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Some people have got it to run under an emulator, but Macs are not supported directly.

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=901

If you have not seen this it's all talkgroups and transmitter sites.

Let me know if you get it running and I'll email you.

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 20 May 2013 15:27 #11752

• RPhelps
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Plug in. Download the firmware. Add zip code, I should be good to go...

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 25 May 2013 12:40 #11811

• RPhelps
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I received the home patrol yesterday. Another question. On start up it said to install the Sentinal for updates. I have a macbook pro and it is not compatible. Or if it is, I am either doing something wrong or simply once again don't understand it.

That's the trouble with this disease. Early On-Set Alzheimers. I can't remember anything. So...is the Sentinal downloadable for Mac's? And remember, the answers have to be simple. Sorry...lol

It seems to work fine out of the box, but I think I need the Sentinal for updates. sigh

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 25 May 2013 12:45 #11812

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Mentioned a couple times in this same thread... Not a MAC user - PC for the last 30 years :)

There are some PC under MAC programs and some people have had luck, but others have not.

You will need it to keep up to date , create favorites, etc.

You could always find an old xp machine. I've ran it on a netbook that is not very powerful and several years old.

Re: Home Patrol...does it pick up MARCS radio system?? 25 May 2013 13:11 #11813

• RPhelps
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Gee whiz...see what I mean. Great advice. We do have an old pc...thank you for reminding me...lol
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds