audio processor
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: audio processor

audio processor 19 Jul 2013 21:00 #12204

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Question, I hate hearing the static that comes with the signal, I was wondering if anyone ever tried running the audio from scanner to computer and using an audio processor to clean up the signal? If so how did it work out for you. I do have a computer that I can dedicate to this project.

Re: audio processor 20 Jul 2013 16:11 #12205

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
DSP programs will suppress Some noise but you need to be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish than 'static that comes with the signal' as I am not sure whether or mean it is something separate or something integral to the signal. If it is part of the signal, DSP is unlikely to be of much help.

Re: audio processor 21 Jul 2013 11:58 #12221

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
What I am trying to do is clean up the audio. No static, white noise, or squelch just as pure audio as I can get. Was thinking that maybe I could run from ear phone jack out to computer in and then in real time clean up the audio and send it out the computer speakers. Was looking for advice as to if anyone has tried it if it worked and maybe what audio program they used to clean it up.

Re: audio processor 22 Jul 2013 01:35 #12225

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I am still unclear about the exact problem you are trying to solve, I have had my HP-1 since Oct.2010 and I have never heard 'static that comes with the signal" if all your received signals have static you need to improve something in your set-up because "static" does NOT normally come along with radio signals if everything is working correctly.
SO, sorry since I do use my PC to log signals from the HP-1 under virtual control using 3rd party software and do process recordings, I am at a loss as to what you describe as 'static'

Re: audio processor 24 Jul 2013 13:08 #12260

• k2rty
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
If you run it through your stereo or TV like I do,you can use the treble setting to kill just about any hiss.....
2.5mm stereo plug to rca wire into the audio in on your Samsung TV or Stereo.DSP sucks,I'd rather use an eq.

On a technical note,if you get static,you may want to try and find the source of that static for me its the power lines in front of the house and move home patrol away from them.You can also try an external antenna.
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2013 13:10 by k2rty.

Re: audio processor 24 Jul 2013 19:42 #12268

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
well maybe static may not be a good word to use. What I was trying to get at was to make the audio as pure as possible. Ideal would be to clean it up as clean as the audio you would hear from you tv or am/fm radio broadcast. but anyway thanks for the come back I just may do some experimenting.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds