i give up
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: i give up

i give up 31 Jul 2013 21:31 #12311

• revreid
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
i guess you people think i am the worst complainer in north carolina-i dont mean to be. why is it, that EVERY time i do anything with my data base-i e-upgrade it- or upgrade the machine- my favorite city/county totally quits for a week or more. it has happened again-it just came back after a nine day absense-so i thought it was happy to be back-i know i was happy to listen. so-i fooled around with my data base-and now-gone again. every other place is fine. if some one finds UP MAN-tell him i need help,please,or a good physciatrist-l o l please overlook my spelling if i missed some words.

Re: i give up 31 Jul 2013 23:56 #12313

• WarriorForJesus
  • ( Visitor )
Maybe you shouldn't fool around with your database, lol. I'm sure that this is quite frustrating. I hope the UPMan sees your posts and can offer some assistance. It may be a simple fix - sometimes it's the simple things that we all mess up. I've done it. I just have to sit myself down and go through in my mind what I did, or what I am trying to accomplish, and then relate it to how the software and the unit works. I can usually find what I've messed up.

Just be patient, bro.

Re: i give up 01 Aug 2013 00:08 #12314

• revreid
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
believe me,i am almost afraid to turn it off-l o l. i am not messing with any data base again-at least for a long time.i have a new antenna coming tomorrow-maybe that will work- cause i have one county that works only on stormy days.may be up man is not on an around the world cruise- l o l.i watched his you tube videos-and believe me-he could make a whole show on my home patrol. oh well-better to find the humor in it all.

Re: i give up 01 Aug 2013 00:28 #12315

• WarriorForJesus
  • ( Visitor )
Let us know how the new antenna works. I have considered getting one as you described myself. I really don't want to put up an external antenna. A mag-mount one would be a better option for me.

Re: i give up 01 Aug 2013 00:47 #12316

• revreid
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
i sure will let you know. i purchased a small mag mount-gonna try that. well- i see my rainy night county is working-i am so amazed-l o l. still yet-it is a terrific scanner- i dont regret paying what i paid.

Re: i give up 01 Aug 2013 16:28 #12317

• WarriorForJesus
  • ( Visitor )
I agree. The HP-1 is a great little scanner. My family and I have used Uniden/Bearcat scanners since the mid-70's when we had to buy crystals for the eight channels in our Elektra Bearcat III. If you wanted to add more channels you had to decide which crystal to take out and replace with what you wanted. I still have one of those relics in service and it works pretty good. But, scanning has come a long way since those days!

Back to your issue (if someone can step up and try to help you): be ready to supply as much detail as you can. Generalizations, such as, "The unit won't receive my local PD's or Fire" or whatever, are not going to cut it. Exact details, and as many details as you can supply, will get you much further along in a possible solution to your issue.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds