Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates

Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates 02 Dec 2013 14:22 #12878

• elambrightr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Do the results of changes in the weekly Homepatrol Sentinel updates automatically reflect in Favorite Lists or do those lists need to be rebuilt with the recently downloaded data? It appears from looking at my Homepatrol Sentinel Favorite's Lists that it does not. However, when I push the most recent master to the Homepatrol itself it might be reflected in the Favorite's Lists. Does anybody know for sure?

Re: Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates 02 Dec 2013 14:57 #12879

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
elambrightr wrote:
Do the results of changes in the weekly Homepatrol Sentinel updates automatically reflect in Favorite Lists or do those lists need to be rebuilt with the recently downloaded data? It appears from looking at my Homepatrol Sentinel Favorite's Lists that it does not. However, when I push the most recent master to the Homepatrol itself it might be reflected in the Favorite's Lists. Does anybody know for sure?

The weekly database updates do not update your favorites lists (in Sentinel or the Home Patrol). If they did, any customizations you make to those lists (ID tags, etc.) would be overwritten with every update.

Last Edit: 02 Dec 2013 15:15 by vroderick.

Re: Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates 02 Dec 2013 20:00 #12884

• Max2248
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
It would be a nice option thou

Re: Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates 02 Dec 2013 21:42 #12891

• elambrightr
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree. Since I don't generally make changes to the information provided in the updates it means I have to rebuild each of my favorite lists in order to take advantage of additions or deletions. Looks like by adding an option to replace favorite data with newly downloaded data I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel every little bit.

Re: Week Homepatrol Sentinel Updates 03 Dec 2013 01:33 #12896

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
elambrightr wrote:
I agree. Since I don't generally make changes to the information provided in the updates it means I have to rebuild each of my favorite lists in order to take advantage of additions or deletions. Looks like by adding an option to replace favorite data with newly downloaded data I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel every little bit.

I also agree.

To me it would be nice if you could flag the list to have it automatically apply updates. That way if you build a list and customize it, you could keep the customization. If on the other hand you are building a list without customizing it you could get the benefits of any updates in the database.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds