Lake County FL
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lake County FL

Lake County FL 06 Dec 2013 20:04 #12917

• goldenboymd
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm new to this and have a home patrol. I searched my area and have them in the scanner but I only can hear a few things. I see the scanner stop on many police channels but hear nothing even with the volume all the way up. Is there something I need to do? Is there a blog or forum I can find out how to set up my scanner? Any help would be great, sorry if this is a request someone else had before

Re: Lake County FL 06 Dec 2013 20:19 #12918

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
goldenboymd wrote:
I'm new to this and have a home patrol. I searched my area and have them in the scanner but I only can hear a few things. I see the scanner stop on many police channels but hear nothing even with the volume all the way up. Is there something I need to do? Is there a blog or forum I can find out how to set up my scanner? Any help would be great, sorry if this is a request someone else had before

According to the database at radio reference, all of the Lake County Sheriff talk groups are encrypted.... which means you can't monitor them on the Home Patrol or any other scanner.

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5837

Re: Lake County FL 06 Dec 2013 22:52 #12919

• tortslaw
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Those channels may be encrypted.

Re: Lake County FL 22 Feb 2015 15:11 #15034

• goldenboymd
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
if I purchase the upgrade for the home patrol will I be able to listen to lake cty or leesburg pd?

Re: Lake County FL 22 Feb 2015 15:12 #15035

• goldenboymd
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
just looking for an update if I buy the $99 upgrade will I be able to hear lake county or leesburg pd?

Re: Lake County FL 23 Feb 2015 01:32 #15036

• JohnBo777
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Nope, the upgrade will not help you. Save your money. The talk groups, as pointed out above, are encrypted. No scanner on the planet can receive encrypted transmissions.
"Let's risk the ocean there's only grace." - David Crowder

I don't have enough faith to be an atheist.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds