Favorite List Unresponsive
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Favorite List Unresponsive

Favorite List Unresponsive 14 May 2014 00:25 #13780

• Art K
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
We have recently noticed on our several year old HP1 that when we try to change to a different Favorite list it no longer responds & reguires us to reload the list from the Sentinal software. We currently have 2 favorite lists, one Michigan & another Canada. The Canadian list is the one that is dropping. Is it my SD card or, what is causing this problem. If I select the Canada list from Managing Favorites Lists it will show 0 Channels Selected. Also if I need to erase my SD card what will this do & how do I restore all my Favorite lists & Channels.
A.Konnis

Re: Favorite List Unresponsive 11 Jun 2014 15:16 #13937

• jcitron
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Art,

I'm new here and just purchased my Home Patrol, I don't have this issue per se, but I've had some unresponsive Favorites too which I created. I was able to get mine to work by using the full database then selecting the channels I wanted out of that database. I wonder if the areas you are selecting have changed since you set them up and require fresh data.

I doubt your SD card is corrupt because you can access other stuff on it without any errors. Usually when an SD card begins to get iffy, they get really iffy. So I wouldn't format it unless you have to, and then you may as well as replace it with a new one if the old one sends out error messages.

As a recommendation, before you do anything with your HP-1 data, back up the database to another location first. You can access the SD card via Windows as it loads up as a "drive". Simply copy the data from your SD card to a folder somewhere on your computer. This will ensure that you have a back up, and I recommend this as a good practice anyway. I am a bit paranoid about lost data after working as an IT guy (now retired/disabled) for nearly 30 years.

John
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds