HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03

Re: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03 10 Aug 2016 17:58 #16937

• Rea
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, that is what I was trying to find out.
I have the latest version of Sentenial but it shows that I have the current version (version 2.04).
Do you have any ideas why I can not update to 2.05.03 ?
Did you notice any improvements with the update?
Thanks for your reply.

Re: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03 10 Aug 2016 18:19 #16938

• Jay911
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Have you connected your scanner to the computer and then chosen the "Update Firmware" option in Sentinel?

The latest version of Sentinel is actually 2.03 rev 02, which is available at this link: info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel

If you launch Sentinel and hit Help>About, and it shows anything other than 2.03 rev 02, you do not have the most recent version. The most recent version is required in order to get the latest firmware and DB updates.

Also be sure you are using the HomePatrol software (icon is an orange shield) and not the BCDx36HP software (icon is a green shield).

The changes between firmware versions are available at this link: info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/HomePatrol/HomePatrolUpdates

Specific changes for 2.05 from 2.04 are as follows:

Addresses the following issues:
Improves ATTEN status indication (#1 issue for returned units is ATTEN is activated).
Improves GPS status indication.
Fixes the "Conventional Discovery Mode" bug (hangs on P25 control channel during discovery).
Improves P25 performance.
Adds warning to WX Standby splash screen if standby is entered while ATTEN is on.

There is a version 2.06 in beta on the Uniden forums on RadioReference, but it's been in beta for 2+ years now. It, like other beta versions, has to be downloaded and installed manually - it can't be done thru Sentinel.

Install Sentinel 2.03 rev 02 and try your firmware update again.

Re: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03 10 Aug 2016 20:53 #16939

• Rea
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for all the information. I checked and I do have the latest version of Sentinel.
I have tried several times to update but it show mine as the current update.
I installed a new 16GB microSDHC card, the database downloaded fine just can't update the
firmware. I will try the 2.06.08 download and see what happens.
Thanks again for your help.

Re: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03 10 Aug 2016 21:18 #16940

• VE3LTY
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just downloaded the latest version of sentinel 2.03 revision 02 and updated the firmware on my home patrol to 2.06 through sentinel not the beta version from what I can see. and it worked fine.

Re: HomePatrol-1 Firmware Update 2.05.03 11 Aug 2016 17:51 #16943

• Rea
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
VE3LTY wrote:
I just downloaded the latest version of sentinel 2.03 revision 02 and updated the firmware on my home patrol to 2.06 through sentinel not the beta version from what I can see. and it worked fine.

Thank you, did you uninstall the old version of Sentinel or did you install the new version over the old?
Also, do you know if I should have done a full format on the new micro sdhc card?
I just did a quick format, it seems to work all right except for the firmware update.
I probably won't try anything till this weekend, when I will have more time.
Thanks again.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds