suggestions to the design team
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: suggestions to the design team

suggestions to the design team 19 Sep 2014 15:15 #14315

• wqnd300
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
i have been seeing countless posts here and on radioreference about the 436hp about its been xx months and where is "this or that feature that is suppose to as they put it out of the box and we still dont have it". or people dont read the instruction manual that comes with the radio and why the radio keeps asking for the date and time.

but what i really want to know is if their is a way to send to the design team some constructive ideas about how to change the scanner? no im not talking about adding other radio modes to listen to.

what i really want to ask is for the design team to design a more robust belt clip. yes mine broke but since i use it i have yet to send it in. and instead of a setting where you choose how long you want the batteries to charge have a feature where the scanner senses when the batteries are charged.

those features could be applied to any future scanner but is there a way to send those suggestions to the design team directly instead of just posting it to a forum and hoping that they or anyone from uniden go on said forums and read it?

Re: suggestions to the design team 19 Sep 2014 17:19 #14319

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
wqnd300 wrote:
and instead of a setting where you choose how long you want the batteries to charge have a feature where the scanner senses when the batteries are charged.

A fully charged indicator is something that has been asked for many times but... It is not possible to determine the full charge state of NiMH batteries being charged in series. It's not a feature that can be added.... It's just not physically possible.

forums.radioreference.com/uniden-thread-archives/160653-normal-charging.html#post1172214

wqnd300 wrote:
is there a way to send those suggestions to the design team directly instead of just posting it to a forum and hoping that they or anyone from uniden go on said forums and read it?

The folks at Uniden do definitely read these forums. "UPMan" (the Uniden Product MANager) is a posting member of both this forum:

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=profile&userid=63&Itemid=44

And Radio Reference:

forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=7925782

There is a specific forum on Radio Reference for feature requests:

forums.radioreference.com/uniden-future-designs/251587-what-do-you-want-next-uniden.html

UPMan has commented many times that he and other Uniden employees read these forums and have acted upon many feature requests that have been proposed by posters.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds