Mobile HP use
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mobile HP use

Mobile HP use 27 Nov 2014 19:59 #14551

• lookin
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Happy Thanksgiving All, I'm looking at using my HP in the car. After doing a little research here I see that I can remove the batteries to have the HP turn off when I turn off the car. Is there a way to have the HP turn on with the key? What functions do I lose when removing the batteries? Thanks, Dave

Re: Mobile HP use 28 Nov 2014 06:20 #14554

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
you lose record functions removing the batteries. One function I use a lot!
However it is a great unit for in car use if mounted properly so you don't take your eyes off the road to operate it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookin

Re: Mobile HP use 30 Nov 2014 20:26 #14573

• lookin
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
If anyone is interested, I discovered that when you do remove the batteries and wire the power cord to turn on and off with the key, it works great! Turn the key off and the HP shuts down. Turn the key on and the HP returns right back to where it was scanning just like it was never turned off. Just what I was looking for. I'll have to see if an extended turn off makes any difference.

Re: Mobile HP use 18 Dec 2014 05:02 #14644

• K8POS
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I actually wired a switch into mine so I can disconnect the HP-1 batteries with out removing them.
Yes I like having it auto power on/off, but also like being able to hit a switch and have battery power back again.
Too bad this was not a feature put into the firmware to turn off/on when external power was applied.
I also get the added advantage that if something pops up and I was to record it, I can hit the switch and record.
(2) HP-1 one with extreme
Scan Master Base antenna
15 Element 800Mhz Beam antenna
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds