Did they make any improvements to the Homepatrol 2
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Did they make any improvements to the Homepatrol 2

Did they make any improvements to the Homepatrol 2 25 Jan 2015 22:51 #14909

• LUGNUT92
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
When using the Home patrol as a mobile unit installed in my truck I have several problems and would like to no if they can be fixed or if the new Home patrol 2 has any improvements.

1. I can not use the replay or the record because the batteries are not installed. I want the scanner to turn off when the truck is not running. If you have the batteries in that does not happen.

2. When the GPS is connected and every time the power is cycled off then on, homepartol asks if I want to use the GPS, same go's for the range it has to be reset every time.

3. If the batteries are in and You power the unit off (turn the truck off) then power back on (start the truck) home patrol will ask if I want to charge the batteries.

I would like to see a setting so the unit wont ask every time to recharge the batteries and if the GPS is connected use it until it's turned off. Home patrol is a great Base unit but needs a couple if improvements as a Mobile unit, but overall I would still get the Home patrol 2 because I like the size, style and color screen.
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2015 14:49 by UPMan.

Re: Did they make any inprovements to the Homepatrol 2 26 Jan 2015 16:07 #14911

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Questions have been asked and answered many many times.

Battery is needed for the sd card, sd card is needed to write any changes one makes while in use and to write recordings. Like you - I don't need it when mobile. What you ask would defeat some of the design.

While I see your point - don't look for it to happen - way to many could never figure out if there was an option to do it.

Re: Did they make any inprovements to the Homepatrol 2 27 Jan 2015 00:01 #14915

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
None of those items have been changed from the HomePatrol-1 and they probably will never be. I've run my HP-1 for over 2-3 years strictly mobile and I've never had a problem answering the "Use GPS?" question or pressing the power-off button when I leave the car. I HAVE left it on a few times and killed the batteries but that's a minor inconvenience IMHO. I set the charge time to 2 hours which should be low enough not to burn up the batteries even if they're mostly charged when I answer "Yes" to the "Begin Charging?" question. Whenever I need a full charge on the batteries I do it on a spare set in a decent 4-cell charger in the house and swap out the dead ones. I've gone through a couple sets of AA cells in the HP-1 over the years.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re: Did they make any inprovements to the Homepatrol 2 27 Jan 2015 14:26 #14917

• LUGNUT92
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you. I will just leave the batteries out and use it the way I have it set now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds