Home Patrol 1 Reception
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Home Patrol 1 Reception

Home Patrol 1 Reception 08 Aug 2015 06:26 #15547

• BASkowronski
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have had my Home Patrol 1 now for two days and I am somewhat disappointed. I live in Gilbert, AZ and am having trouble receiving broadcasts. I have downloaded all the current software and installed it; run the setup (both by Zipcode and City Name). The unit will scan and contend it picks up well over 200 stations (using Law and Fire Dispatch) but it will scan and scan and scan and only rarely picks up a station to broadcast. I would believe that there should be far more activity occurring than what is being picked up. Is it a matter of having to upgrade the antenna from the one supplied to obtain stronger signals and receive broadcasts? If so; what is suggested? I used to live in Chicago and there wa always activity on my old Radio Shack scanner!!

Re: Home Patrol 1 Reception 08 Aug 2015 12:29 #15548

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
BASkowronski wrote:
I have had my Home Patrol 1 now for two days and I am somewhat disappointed. I live in Gilbert, AZ and am having trouble receiving broadcasts. I have downloaded all the current software and installed it; run the setup (both by Zipcode and City Name). The unit will scan and contend it picks up well over 200 stations (using Law and Fire Dispatch) but it will scan and scan and scan and only rarely picks up a station to broadcast. I would believe that there should be far more activity occurring than what is being picked up. Is it a matter of having to upgrade the antenna from the one supplied to obtain stronger signals and receive broadcasts? If so; what is suggested? I used to live in Chicago and there wa always activity on my old Radio Shack scanner!!

Yes, a better antenna, and especially an outdoor antenna as high as possible can make a world of difference. But first...

Be sure all the appropriate service types have been enabled in the HP's menu.

And.... have you updated the database and firmware since you purchased the Home Patrol?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database and the version of the firmware?

Last Edit: 08 Aug 2015 12:29 by vroderick.

Re: Home Patrol 1 Reception 08 Aug 2015 15:34 #15550

• BASkowronski
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you for assisting!!

The Firmware version is 2.05; the Database version is 08/03/2015.

I'm hoping that it is an antenna situation; but I really don't want to go as far as an outdoor antenna (hopefully).

Re: Home Patrol 1 Reception 08 Aug 2015 20:06 #15552

• RADAR
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
pUT a ST-2 antenna on the roof of your house and you will notice a difference night and day.

Re: Home Patrol 1 Reception 11 Aug 2015 18:55 #15556

• soundman
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
It might be that you need to revert your firmware version back to 2.04 or 2.03. I noticed that the 2.05 firmware messed up my P 25 reception and once I reverted back to 2.04 it was fine again. I live in the Chicagoland area.
Unfortunately I am not the one to ask how to do the revision on the firmware, but I know the others have advised others on how to do it.
Good luck, it's a good scanner.

Re: Home Patrol 1 Reception 15 Aug 2015 22:29 #15563

• tonya
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I too found here in the Cleveland area that the 2.03 or 2.04 firmware does a much better job on the P25 systems.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds