I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better?

I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 04 Oct 2015 15:48 #15754

  • darticus
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Karma: 0
Just wondered if there is a difference in home patrol 1 to the new Home Patrol 2. Anyone see a difference? Thanks in advance Ron

Re: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 05 Oct 2015 19:53 #15760

  • Leonidas
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 19
  • Karma: 1
darticus wrote:
Just wondered if there is a difference in home patrol 1 to the new Home Patrol 2. Anyone see a difference? Thanks in advance Ron


The only major difference I am aware of is the HP2 is capable of receiving digital P-25 phase 2 TDMA transmissions. The HP1 can not.

Also the HP-2 comes with a 4GB SD card versus the 2GB SD card in the HP1. Other than that they are the same, besides the color. HP1 silver and black. HP-2 all black.

Re: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 05 Oct 2015 20:25 #15761

  • darticus
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Karma: 0
Leonidas wrote:
darticus wrote:
Just wondered if there is a difference in home patrol 1 to the new Home Patrol 2. Anyone see a difference? Thanks in advance Ron


The only major difference I am aware of is the HP2 is capable of receiving digital P-25 phase 2 TDMA transmissions. The HP1 can not.

Also the HP-2 comes with a 4GB SD card versus the 2GB SD card in the HP1. Other than that they are the same, besides the color. HP1 silver and black. HP-2 all black.


Maybe thats why I can't get the stations I'm looking to get. I go to REVIEW/EDIT CHANNELS > ADD CHANNEL > USA > NJ > MORRIS > COUNTY SYSTEM > MORRIS COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY > LAW ENFORCEMENT > MUNICIPAL POLICE and I add all the CHOICES. I can't seem to receive them. www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7494 Looking to receive DOVER. Do you know if you look at this link if its something I should receive or only for HP2? Thanks Ron

Re: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 05 Oct 2015 22:10 #15762

  • Leonidas
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 19
  • Karma: 1
darticus wrote:
Leonidas wrote:
darticus wrote:
Just wondered if there is a difference in home patrol 1 to the new Home Patrol 2. Anyone see a difference? Thanks in advance Ron


The only major difference I am aware of is the HP2 is capable of receiving digital P-25 phase 2 TDMA transmissions. The HP1 can not.

Also the HP-2 comes with a 4GB SD card versus the 2GB SD card in the HP1. Other than that they are the same, besides the color. HP1 silver and black. HP-2 all black.


Maybe thats why I can't get the stations I'm looking to get. I go to REVIEW/EDIT CHANNELS > ADD CHANNEL > USA > NJ > MORRIS > COUNTY SYSTEM > MORRIS COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY > LAW ENFORCEMENT > MUNICIPAL POLICE and I add all the CHOICES. I can't seem to receive them. www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7494 Looking to receive DOVER. Do you know if you look at this link if its something I should receive or only for HP2? Thanks Ron


Its P25 phase 1 so you should receive it on the HP1, however it does state it is an LSM system so you need to have the latest firmware update in the HP1 to properly decode it. For the HP1 that would be version 2.04.01
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2015 22:13 by Leonidas.

Re: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 06 Oct 2015 01:00 #15765

  • darticus
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Karma: 0
Can I check my version? I do have the latest. Ron

Leonidas wrote:
darticus wrote:
Leonidas wrote:
darticus wrote:
Just wondered if there is a difference in home patrol 1 to the new Home Patrol 2. Anyone see a difference? Thanks in advance Ron


The only major difference I am aware of is the HP2 is capable of receiving digital P-25 phase 2 TDMA transmissions. The HP1 can not.

Also the HP-2 comes with a 4GB SD card versus the 2GB SD card in the HP1. Other than that they are the same, besides the color. HP1 silver and black. HP-2 all black.


Maybe thats why I can't get the stations I'm looking to get. I go to REVIEW/EDIT CHANNELS > ADD CHANNEL > USA > NJ > MORRIS > COUNTY SYSTEM > MORRIS COUNTY PUBLIC SAFETY > LAW ENFORCEMENT > MUNICIPAL POLICE and I add all the CHOICES. I can't seem to receive them. www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7494 Looking to receive DOVER. Do you know if you look at this link if its something I should receive or only for HP2? Thanks Ron


Its P25 phase 1 so you should receive it on the HP1, however it does state it is an LSM system so you need to have the latest firmware update in the HP1 to properly decode it. For the HP1 that would be version 2.04.01

Re: I have home patrol 1 is 2 much better? 06 Oct 2015 01:07 #15766

  • vroderick
  • ( User )
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Posts: 704
  • Karma: 32
darticus wrote:
Can I check my version? I do have the latest. Ron


Yes you can....

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database and the version of the firmware?



.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds