HP2 vs HP1 updates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: HP2 vs HP1 updates

HP2 vs HP1 updates 02 Mar 2017 21:36 #17318

• katsboytoy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Is the update 2.0 the same for HP1 and HP2? Local area just updated all frequencies and I need to hopefully find the new ones. Old HP2 worked great until then. Wife and I are vollies and due to mutual aid commitments, it's nice to get a heads up before the call gets banged out.
Seams to be a lot of work to update these units. Trying to follow videos and update at the same time on the same computer is crazy. Maybe I need second computer to accomplish this.. Tom..

Re: HP2 vs HP1 updates 02 Mar 2017 22:31 #17319

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
katsboytoy wrote:
Is the update 2.0 the same for HP1 and HP2? Local area just updated all frequencies and I need to hopefully find the new ones. Old HP2 worked great until then. Wife and I are vollies and due to mutual aid commitments, it's nice to get a heads up before the call gets banged out.
Seams to be a lot of work to update these units. Trying to follow videos and update at the same time on the same computer is crazy. Maybe I need second computer to accomplish this.. Tom..

Both the firmware updates and the database updates are very simple and straightforward for both of those scanners. Be sure you have the latest Sentinel Software (Ver 2.03.02) installed and running on your computer. That version is used for both of those scanners, and you can easily update both scanners from the same computer. You can download it here if you don't have it:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel/HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_03_02.zip

As far as doing the updates after installing the latest Sentinel, follow the instructions on page 6 of your owner's manual. Again, those updates are straightforward if you follow the clearly written instructions in the manual, and follow the prompts in the Sentinel software during the updates.

If you are using favorites lists on your scanners rather than the master database, you will want to create a different profile in Sentinel for each scanner if you want to customize a different favorites list for each scanner. Again, that is easily done on the same computer. Just a note here..... if you are using favorites lists, those are not automatically updated when you do the weekly updates to the master database, you will need to update those manually through the favorites list editor in Sentinel.

Last Edit: 02 Mar 2017 22:51 by vroderick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: katsboytoy

Re: HP2 vs HP1 updates 03 Mar 2017 01:05 #17320

• katsboytoy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, will try it later, just got a alarm!! Tom..

Re: HP2 vs HP1 updates 03 Mar 2017 02:39 #17321

• katsboytoy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
No "mass storage" on menu screen. opened sentinel but says I need more storage, have 350 gb left in storage??
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds