(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Home Patrol-1 Firmware Updating.

Home Patrol-1 Firmware Updating. 08 Jul 2017 05:03 #17765

• M.D.M. KE0MQQ
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Amateur Radio Operator
Hello Home Patrol Community, I own a Home Patrol-1 with the Extreme Upgrade. I can not update the Firmware. I have downloaded the firmware, Sentinel wrote the Firmware to the Home Patrol-1, but there was no white screen and a status or loading bar as in the Uniden Firmware Update video. I am a Licensed ham and I have an RTL-SDR that outperforms my Home Patrol and it's only scanning about 10 channels. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a resolution to the issue? Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Mark D. Miller KE0MQQ.

Re: Home Patrol-1 Firmware Updating. 08 Jul 2017 13:50 #17766

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
M.D.M. KE0MQQ wrote:
Hello Home Patrol Community, I own a Home Patrol-1 with the Extreme Upgrade. I can not update the Firmware. I have downloaded the firmware, Sentinel wrote the Firmware to the Home Patrol-1, but there was no white screen and a status or loading bar as in the Uniden Firmware Update video. I am a Licensed ham and I have an RTL-SDR that outperforms my Home Patrol and it's only scanning about 10 channels. Has anyone experienced this issue and found a resolution to the issue? Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Mark D. Miller KE0MQQ.

We'll need a lot more info.

First... be sure you are using the latest version of the Sentinel software. When Sentinel is running on your computer, click on "help" on the top tool bar and then click on "about". What version are you using?

Then on your Home Patrol.....

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the version of the firmware and the date of the database?

Re: Home Patrol-1 Firmware Updating. 10 Jul 2017 04:32 #17769

• M.D.M. KE0MQQ
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Amateur Radio Operator
I was hoping for an intelligent answer to resolve the firmware issue. No offense intended!!! The Sentinel software is current. The firmware is current according to the Sentinel firmware update windows "Info" option 2.03.06. When I check the firmware version on the Micro SD card, it reads 2.02. Do you understand the issue now community? Something is not KOSHER here!!! Any help rendered will be welcome and appreciated!!! Kind regards, Mark D. Miller KE0MQQ.

Re: Home Patrol-1 Firmware Updating. 10 Jul 2017 13:57 #17772

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
M.D.M. KE0MQQ wrote:
I was hoping for an intelligent answer to resolve the firmware issue.

Mark..... A word to the wise here: It's hard not to take offense to a statement like that.

When someone takes the time to try to help you by sharing their knowledge and experience, "I was hoping for an intelligent answer" is not an appropriate way to respond. It tends to make folks not want to help you any further.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and make one more attempt to help you resolve your issues. Even if you don't immediately grasp the importance of the questions being asked, it's always a good idea to provide the answers that will help to diagnose your problems.

M.D.M. KE0MQQ wrote:
The Sentinel software is current. The firmware is current according to the Sentinel firmware update windows "Info" option 2.03.06.

2.03.06 is not a current, valid version number for either the Sentinel software, or the HP1 firmware.

The current version of the Home Patrol Sentinel software that you need to be using on your computer is version 2.03.02

The current version of the Home Patrol 1 firmware is version 2.06.06

I am suspecting that you may not be using the current version of the Sentinel software. That could very well explain why you are not able to get the current firmware version.

So.... Let's try this one more time.

When the Sentinel software is running on your computer, look at the tool bar at the very top of the Sentinel program window. look all the way over to the right of that tool bar and click on "Help" and when that sub menu drops down, click on "About"

What does it say there for the version of the Sentinel Software you are using?

P.S.

If you still feel that my attempts to help you get to the bottom of your issues are not intelligent enough, simply disregard my post and I won't waste any more of your time.... Or mine.

Last Edit: 10 Jul 2017 14:12 by vroderick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds