Battery ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Battery ?

Battery ? 06 Feb 2018 02:20 #18407

• Jimmy1
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I never shut off my home patrol , buy notice the battery icon always has a lighting bolt symbol . so is it always charging? or should I unplug the power once in a while to use the batteries ? Since I never shut it off should I just remove the batteries ? please guide me on this ..Thanks

Re: Battery ? 13 Feb 2018 13:59 #18409

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
If you have the lightning bolt, the unit is charging. I had a set of batteries in my unit for a long time, and the unit will tell you when they are low
I noticed this more in my car, and I do not charge them all the time when asked, or they loose their ability to hold a charge.
I finally had to change batteries in my unit as most rechargeable batteries only last about two years or so. You can set the recharge rate in
utility settings in the radio to match that of the batteries you insert. Battery power is important if you use the recorder in the unit, as that only runs on batteries, so I'm told. If you don't use that feature much, batteries are not as critical. I've tried to run my unit on battery several times while sitting in my car, but the radio called for charge rather soon. I guess that's a combination of age of batteries and level of charge in them.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds