Radio Reference and HP-1
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Radio Reference and HP-1

Radio Reference and HP-1 01 Apr 2018 20:06 #18425

• searay
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have a HP-1 with the upgraded firmware. I want to download frequency lists from Radio Reference (I am a "Premier Member) and install them directly into my scanner using Home Patrol Sentinel. Problem is HPS only gives me the option of importing "HPE" files, and Radio Reference only give me the option of downloading the files as a zipped Microsoft Excel XPl file. I do have Excel and can open the file but cannot save it as an HPE file. How do I get this file into my Homepatrol scanner?

Re: Radio Reference and HP-1 01 Apr 2018 23:31 #18426

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
searay wrote:
I have a HP-1 with the upgraded firmware. I want to download frequency lists from Radio Reference (I am a "Premier Member) and install them directly into my scanner using Home Patrol Sentinel. Problem is HPS only gives me the option of importing "HPE" files, and Radio Reference only give me the option of downloading the files as a zipped Microsoft Excel XPl file. I do have Excel and can open the file but cannot save it as an HPE file. How do I get this file into my Homepatrol scanner?

You didn't need to pay for a Premium Radio Reference membership, and you don't need to download any files directly from Radio Reference to program your Home Patrol.

The entire Radio Reference database (except the things that the HP-1 cannot receive) is already in your scanner. Updates to that database are also available to you free from the Radio Reference database using the free Sentinel software that came with your scanner.

Those free updates are available every Monday. Check the update instructions on page 6 of your owner's manual and follow the steps very carefully.

You can create favorites lists from the main database in Sentinel, and edit them using the favorites list editor in the Sentinel software.

In other words, if you see it in the Radio Reference database, and you have properly updated your Home Patrol, and it's something that the Home Patrol can receive...... It's already in your scanner.

Last Edit: 02 Apr 2018 00:04 by vroderick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds