I'm a Mac user and I have some questions.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm a Mac user and I have some questions.

Re:I'm a Mac user and I have some questions. 21 Oct 2010 14:45 #2107

• JetRanger
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Don't waste your energy trying to fight it---get a good PC! Go down to Frys---they are dirt cheap, even the excellent and well equipped machines. For the same low price of the HP-1, you can get a great PC, and it will actually be compatible with the stuff in the real, non-imaginary world (unlike the mac).

I am a longtime mac user, with the current macpro loaded to the gills. However, I learned a LONG time ago that if you are a mac user and you live in the real world, you MUST also have a PC. Just Life in the Big City. Your mac won't help you with most kinds of techie aps. No running Motorola RSS/CPS, no Sentinel, and the list of mac incompatibilities continues to be 10 miles long, and 100 miles deep! macs are good for pictures, video and music. Use your PC for all other purposes. With Windows 7, your PC will even do pics and video as well, and maybe even better in some regards, as a mac. I probably will be macless, in a year or so when the current version of the latest mac is outmoded. And, even for itunes, there are WAY more itunes PC users than mac itunes users. Notice how apple dumped firewire support in favor of USB a few years ago? Tells you right there what the issue is!
Last Edit: 21 Oct 2010 14:52 by JetRanger.

Re:I'm a Mac user and I have some questions. 22 Oct 2010 08:20 #2169

• Spectrum
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm using Parallels. And am quite satisfied with its capabilities.

Re:I'm a Mac user and I have some questions. 30 Oct 2010 23:07 #2558

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Uh, if you really want to see why Apple dumped Firewire and how it more involves Intel than Apple check www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1104

Re:I'm a Mac user and I have some questions. 31 Oct 2010 00:24 #2563

• STiMULi
  • ( Visitor )
I use VMWare and Win7. Keep looking you can find Windows for cheap and even Win7 for very cheap. There are simple ways to make an upgrade disk do a fresh install.

I do the virtual thing instead of boot camp as I love going back to OSX when I am done with the mandatory Windows applications.

As stated cheap netbook will do much of what you want if you wish to go that direction.

I was a MAC hater but since I have tried my first MAC it would be stupid to go back with all the other ways to make Windows work.

Don't forget to add the security programs on your Win install! :)

Re:I'm a Mac user and I have some questions. 31 Oct 2010 00:25 #2564

• Mark_42
  • ( Visitor )
Not wanting to get too far off subject here, but...

Apple may have dropped FireWire from thir low end MacBook and never included it in the MacBook Air(s), but they have upgraded all their other desktop and laptop computers to FireWire 800. USB 3 may eventually replace FireWire, but not any time soon.

USB is ubiquitous. They dropped FireWire support in their iPods years ago to appeal to the much larger base of Windows users who never embraced FireWire to any great extent.

Mark
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds